Thirty-Eight

"I'll let you go for now." Mr. Park tells Yeosang. "I'm not a monster that would make you miss your fathers funeral... but if you say something, you'll end up like him."

Tears roll down Yeosang's cheeks and he's not even able to see anything as he runs out of the place and towards his house.

He has no idea where he is, but he runs and runs as fast as he can, not even remembering that Hongjoong was still left in there.

All that's on his mind is to go see if his father is okay. "N-no..." Yeosang shakes his head as he stops running. "He's okay... he's not dead."

He quickly takes his phone out and sees San's calling him so he quickly answers. "Yeosang, where are you? Send me the address please! Are you okay?" He asks him, not knowing how to tell him what's happening.

Yeosang looks around and reads the signs near him. "Please call the police." He says and ends up fainting on the sidewalk.

-

Hongjoong sits there as Mr. Park is sitting at the table.

"Why don't you hit me too, huh?" Hongjoong yells at him. "Hit me!"

"It's so you feel worse, Kim Hongjoong. You'll see everyone you love getting hurt, but you'll be the only one who's not. Won't that make you feel more guilty?"

"What is it that you want?"

"For you to leave Seonghwa alone."

"Why must you go this far?" Hongjoong cries. "What did you do to Yeosang's father?!"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm now the new CEO of his company. You think he would willingly hand me the company? Don't be stupid."

-

"You have to believe me!" Seonghwa tells the police officer, so close to punching him in the face. "My father killed him! I'm sure of it! And I'm sure he has my boyfriend kidnapped, so why can't you look into it?!"

"Don't you get tired of coming here almost everyday to accuse your father of murder? It's been years now and you're still coming here. Do you want to take over his company that bad?" The police officer asks him.

"Huh? What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with the company. I don't even care about it! If I've been coming here so many times for so long, don't you think it's because I'm telling the truth?! I saw him kill someone years ago!"

"You told me, I kindly looked into it back then and found no evidence. Since I looked into it, I got into so much trouble for doubting a powerful man like your father. Stop coming here or I might end up getting fired."

"He killed Mr. Kang! Mr. Kang was also a powerful businessman but you don't seem to care now that he's dead?! He killed him!"

"Really?" He takes some papers out. "Because here it states otherwise."

Seonghwa looks down and his eyes widen.

"We checked the surveillance cameras and never saw Mr. Park go in or out of the house. We only saw this person right here go into the house." He shows the picture to Seonghwa. "We also found his fingerprints on the knife. Only his fingerprints were found and he has now been arrested."

"I'm telling you my father killed him! Why did you lock up someone who's innocent?!" Seonghwa tries his best not to let his anger out or he'll get in serious trouble.

"Because there's proof... Mr. Kang's younger son killed him. The person arrested for his murder is his younger son Mingi."