Sixteen

A/N: Another update since I'm so impatient
and can't keep chapters in my drafts for
too long lol <3

"Seonghwa? Seonghwa?" San moves his hands in front of his face.

"Sorry, what?" He quickly turns to him.

"This is my co-worker Hongjoong. Hongjoong, this is my best friend, Seonghwa."

They both look at each other for a few seconds, not knowing what to say. "Nice to meet you, Hongjoong. I'm Seonghwa." He fakes a smile.

"Nice to meet you." Hongjoong just nods and gets behind the cash register.

"Well, I have to go Sannie. I'll see you later, okay?" Seonghwa rushes out of the store before San can say anything, and gets in his car.

Now it turns out Hongjoong is the co-worker San has a crush on? What else could possibly go wrong?

Just as he's about to drive away, he hears someone knocking on his car window. He turns around and sees it's Hongjoong. He opens the door and quickly gets in the passengers seat.

"D-did he tell you everything?" Hongjoong asks him after a while of silence.

"Who? You mean the real Yeosang?"

"Seonghwa, I'm really sorry. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Our plan was to get you to reject me on the first date."

"You told me you'd have an answer for me today." Seonghwa tells him. "I got to the coffee shop and instead of seeing you there, I see my ex-boyfriend after years." He sighs. "And you know what's worse? The way I reacted when I saw him." He looks down. "Instead of asking him, 'how've you been?' 'are you doing well?' or even apologizing for breaking his heart back then, I asked him where you were and why was he there instead. That's what I asked him and I feel like a jerk."

Hongjoong just looks down, not knowing what to say. Yeosang must've been so heart broken.

"He kept telling me not to blame you... that it was all his fault. He told me to put all the blame on him because he asked you to do him this favor."

"It's not like he forced me." Hongjoong feels his eyes watering. "He offered me money and I took it."

"Money?" Seonghwa turns to him.

"Yeah..." Hongjoong hides his tears and turns to him. "He paid me for going on dates with you. Did you not notice I love money? You should've realized that on the first date we had together. I only agreed because I knew you were rich and knew you'd buy me stuff." He lies.

"You don't mean that..."

"But since you found out now, there's no point in pretending to be interested in you." He opens the car door. "So there's my answer... my answer is... no, I won't give you a chance."