Twenty-Eight

When they both walk in, Seonghwa sees Hongjoong and they make eye contact. Seonghwa quickly looks away from him and smiles at San who's next to Hongjoong.

"Oh how beautiful are your engagement rings!" Seonghwa's step mother, who's barely home, tells them.

'So fucking clueless.' Seonghwa thinks to himself but fake smiles at her. "Thank you."

Since she's barely home and is always on business trips, she doesn't even know what her husband's up to.

"But are you two really together or is it to merge-"

"Guess she's not so clueless after all." Seonghwa thinks to himself and cuts her off. "Of course we're together. What are you talking about?" He wraps an arm around Yeosang's shoulder.

"Oh, okay." She nods. "I've just heard rumors going around."

"Well, don't believe those." He shakes his head. "Come on, baby." Seonghwa takes his hand and they make their way to sit at a table. "Wow, that was close. She almost caught on and she's never home."

"If she was almost able to catch on, I wonder what all the other guests think." Yeosang looks around and notices all eyes are on them as they're whispering to each other.

Seonghwa looks around and sees his dad glaring at him. "Kiss him." He mouths.

He then sees him stand behind Hongjoong, which makes his eyes widen. He sees him look down at Hongjoong, then back at him and smirks.

"Yeo, I'm sorry." Seonghwa whispers to Yeosang.

"What? Why-" Yeosang whispers back but before he can say anything else, Seonghwa presses his lips against his.

Yeosang can't believe Seonghwa's lips are really being pressed against his, but he knows it's all an act so he quickly kisses him back, trying to hide his surprised reaction.

They hear people gasp around them and since even reporters were invited, they hear pictures being taken.

And if the room was silent you'd probably even be able to hear the sound of Hongjoong's heart breaking.

"Joong..." San gives him a sad look as Hongjoong feels tears roll down his cheeks.

"I'm okay." He quickly wipes his tears away. "We're not together anymore. There's no reason to be sad about it."

San looks back at Seonghwa and Yeosang who have now pulled away from the kiss.

He doesn't know why, but his eyes fill with anger when he sees Yeosang's reaction. It clearly looks like Seonghwa hadn't said anything to him before kissing him and Yeosang was taken by surprise.

He then looks back at Hongjoong who's trying not to cry.

'Did Seonghwa really have to go this far?' San thinks to himself and crosses his arms over his chest.

-

Seonghwa unlocks the door to their new apartment and they both walk in as they pull their suitcases into the apartment.

"What a long day." Seonghwa sits down on the couch and immediately takes his engagement ring off, which makes Yeosang frown.

He knows Seonghwa doesn't love him anymore, but it still breaks his heart when he does things that prove it.

"By the way..." He looks up at Yeosang who's still standing by the door. "I'm really sorry for kissing you, Yeo." He sighs. "I hate my father so fucking much. He gave me threatening looks and made it seem like he was going to hurt Hongjoong." He looks down. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Hwa. It's not like you didn't warn me beforehand. I kind of expected you'd do that since you told me we had to act more like a couple." Yeosang sits down on the couch across from him. "It's really okay." Yeosang fakes a smile. "I forgot about it already."

Just as Seonghwa's about to say something, he hears someone knock on the door.

"Who could it be?" He gives Yeosang a confused look, then stands up and opens the door. "Oh Sannie, hey." He smiles but San just walks into the house.

Seonghwa is taken by surprise by San's actions, but closes the door behind him.

"What brings you here, San?"

"You two seemed like a real couple today." He tells him. "Must you go this far? Even kissing Yeosang? Why must you play with both of their feelings?"

Seonghwa gives him a confused look. "You know I'm being forced to do this, San. I'm not trying to play with either of their feelings."

"I'm right here." Yeosang sighs since they're talking as if he's not standing right there.

"Oh really? Using your father as an excuse just to be with both of them at the same time?"

"Why are you being like this? You're always telling me how scary he is and you don't even know half of the shit he's done." Seonghwa says angrily.

San knows he might be going too far, but he's so angry right now. He still remembers the tears in Hongjoong's eyes and how hurt he looked.

"So what? Are you always going to be like this? Will you always end up hurting everyone you're with just because you're too scared of your father?!" San yells at him.

"I'd like to see you talking if your father would've done half the shit my father has!" Seonghwa yells back at him. "Why are you so mad anyway?! Didn't I tell you this was what I was most likely going to do? Why are you mad now?!"

"B-because..." San starts. "Because I like-"

"Because he likes me!" Yeosang cuts him off.

"Huh?" Seonghwa asks him and San gives him a confused look.

"San is actually my boyfriend." Yeosang takes his arm and pulls him closer to him so they're not able to start a fight anymore.

"What? Since when?" Seonghwa asks, surprised.

"Not too long ago. We met a few days ago, but you know how love is." Yeosang smiles. "Love at first sight is a thing after all."

"Wow..." Seonghwa smiles. "I really didn't expect this, but I'm happy for you two." He tells them. "So that's why you were so mad. I'll be more careful from now on." He tells San.

"Yeah, thanks." San just nods, regretting everything he said to Seonghwa.

They're best friends and he can't believe he got mad at him over this. He's thankful Yeosang stopped him from confessing his feelings for Hongjoong, but did he have to go this far?

Once there's a knock on the door, Yeosang quickly rushes over to open it and pulls Hongjoong into the apartment. He had texted him to come over.

"Now we'll leave you two alone." Yeosang takes San's arm and they walk out of the apartment.

"Hongjoong, I-" Seonghwa starts. "I know that what I did today hurt you, but that really wasn't my intention. My father was standing right behind you and made it seem like he was going to do something bad and I just-"

But before Seonghwa can continue talking, Hongjoong leans in and presses his lips against his, taking Seonghwa by surprise. Hongjoong then pulls away from the kiss and looks up at him. "I don't want to break up... I-I love you too much."