37{First Fight}

~October 26~
~third person POV~

[y/n] felt bad for the Aoba Johsai team as the walked in defeat to line up. Her focus was concentrated on Iwaizumi when he looked just as hurt. She seen oikawa trying to cheer him up but it didn't look like it was working.

The team had just lost against Karasuno in the representative playoffs. After the team thanked their audience for coming to watch [y/n] went down to the court to meet Iwaizumi before he went to the locker rooms to change.

She was so close to him but before she could make it she got a phone call. She pressed decline but her phone rang again. The same worried look that she's been carrying for two months straight appeared on her face again and this didn't go unnoticed by Iwaizumi.

[y/n] turned around and walked out of the gymnasium to find a private place to talk.

Iwaizumi excused himself from the team to go follow her.

[y/n] checked around the empty dark hallway she found to make sure no one was around.

(I'm naming the dad Hiroshi)

~on the phone

Me:
What?

Hiroshi:
Oh come on why are you not happy to hear from me.

Me:
I don't want to hear from you, why do you keep calling me? Cant you just leave me alone?

Hiroshi:
I just wanted to inform you I'm coming to visit to next weekend.

Me:
I know

Hiroshi:
Your so ungrateful! You should be happy to hear from me, I'm the one who raised you.

Me:
Well if I had a choice I would've stayed with mom.

Hiroshi:
I can't stand you, this I why I sent you back.

Me:
I have to go.

[y/n] immediately hung up not wanting to hear his voice for another second.

Iwaizumi who was listening in from around the corner snuck back off to avoid being caught.

[y/n] stayed in the hallway for a bit to calm herself down.

~

"Can you stay another night?" [y/n] asked.

"I told you I don't mind." Iwaizumi answered.

They both got into Hayami's car where she and Oikawa waited.

The ride home was silent. Oikawa kept thinking about the loss and Iwaizumi kept thinking about [y/n].

He wanted to know who she was on the phone with, why she's been having these nightmares, and why she's been acting weird for the past two months.

He wasn't trying to be nosy, he was just deeply concerned.

~10:15pm~

"I'm going on a walk" Iwaizumi stated.

He slipped his jacket on over his t-shirt and left [y/n] room.

[y/n] hopped out of bed and slipped on some pants and a jacket. She quietly ran downstairs and quickly slipped on her shoes too and ran outside to catch up to to Iwaizumi.

"Hajime" she called out.

He stopped and turned around.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

"I wanted to walk with you" she put her head down. "If you don't mind. I thought I could use the fresh air too"

"Fine" he mumbled.

[y/n] latched onto his arm as the continued walking.

"I'm sorry for putting so much stress on you lately" she apologized.

"It's not you he sighed"

The two continued to walk in silence until they came across a park. Just as [y/n] was about to wander off to go sit on a swing Iwaizumi grabbed her hand.

She turned around and looked up at him.

"What's wrong?" She asked

"Who- who were you on the phone with today at the gym?"

[y/n] snatched her hand away.

"You were eavesdropping?" She got offended.

"I seen that look on your face when that person called you, so I followed you. Who were you on the phone with?"

"It's none of your business"

"You've been acting all weird and shit for the past two months. These random phone calls, and nightmares, what the hell is going on?!?"

"I told you that was a story for another time!"

"Well I'm tired of hearing that, I'm starting to think you don't trust me anymore!"

"I fucking trust you I just don't want to tell anyone yet! Just be patient and let everything work itself out... damn!"

"Tell what?!? What the fuck is going on?!? Why can't you just talk to me?!?"

[y/n] huffed and stormed off towards the swings. She sat down and stared angrily at Iwaizumi.

"We'll do you want to hear about it or not?"

Iwaizumi walked over and sat on the swing next to her.

~

A/n: I really need to do some schoolwork😔

I did expect this book to end up being this long.

Let me know what you guys think... is it getting boring or what?

Also thank you guys for 10K!! 😁