001

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨.

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗢𝗣𝗟𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗦 of shit. It doesn't matter if you're the most healthy person to exist. You die.

Aria's shaky hands held the stainless steel flask as she watched JJ engrave the name of John B into the tree, taking a large gulp from it she handed it back to her boyfriend.

He lifted it up, "To John B."

Playing with the lid of the box, she closed her eyes as she felt the material of Sarah's bracelet underneath her fingers, "and to Sarah."

The four bent down as she placed the box into the hole, moving the surrounding dirt of the top of it as she placed the two white flowers gently on the surface of it, the boys helped place the dirt over it as they said their goodbyes.

Grief was a powerful thing and there was no denying it.

"I'll see you tomorrow okay?" JJ placed a kiss to her temple as he held onto her elbows, smiling down sadly at her.

Aria nodded into his warm chest, breathing them in the scent of him as she gripped his shirt into her hands. She had to attend sheriff Peterkin's funeral in less than two hours, the thought of seeing the Cameron's made her stomach whirl.

"Okay." She whispered as she lifted her head to lay her chin against his clothed skin, "I love you."

"And i love you." He kissed her parted lips as he helped her into the drivers seat of her new car, waving as she started it and put it into reverse.

Victor had gifted his daughter with a sleek white convertible Maserati GranTurismo. It was more of a bribe gift, the police were still suspicious of Ward after hearing John B's rant on the radio the day of their death.

As Aria drove to the funeral she let her mind wonder, her fingertips drumming along to the soft melody playing on the radio, as she pulled into a free spot she missed the comfort of JJ. Ever since Sarah's been gone the two seemed to be more inseparable then before. Maybe it was just the fact that they lost their best friends. But whatever reason it was didn't matter, all they had was one another now.

She pulled down the dark dress as she shut the doors of her car, taking a few deep breathes before joining her parents as they stood in silence.

Bella and Victor hadn't bugged Aria, they knew she was upset and needed time. Stupidly they thought she would drop the Pogues and never look back but the death of her best friend only brought her closer to the forbidden friends.

The round of gunshots made her jump, her eyes shutting closed as she wrapped her arms around her body. That day on the tarmac would haunt her for the rest of her life, any noise that sounded like a gun had frightened her. Trauma yay!

Unfortunately for Aria she was the only person on the tarmac that wasn't under suspicion so that meant she had to do a speech. She had known Sheriff Peterkin for a short amount of time and if it wasn't for her the teenager would probably be dead somewhere.

Reluctantly she stepped up to the podium, her hands grabbing the screwed into microphone as she stared at the people in front of her.

"Um, hi." She greeted, tucking the fallen strands of dark hair behind her pierced ears, "I'm Aria Campbell and I was with the sheriff the day she passed away. Something my mother has always taught me was that there is two sides of a story and in somewhere there is the truth. Now you may think I'm on insane because I defend Peterkin's 'killer' but I'm here to say the truth. Justice should be served for her."

Her blue eyes flicked to the Cameron family, Rafe clenched his jaw as Ward tensed as she glared at them, "let's start with the Cameron family. Most respected people in Outer Banks. To the outside world they seem like a happy and no issue sorta family. But on the inside they are crumbling like the walls of an abandoned home. Sarah told me all about it. And may I add i was completely and utterly in love with their son, Rafe. Now this young gentlemen isn't what he seems, he's actually a raging coke addict, oh and of course how could I forget he's a murderer."

"That's enough." Shoupe raised his hands as he attempted to quiet her, she blew him off, sticking the middle finger up at him as she finished.

"Rafe Cameron is a fucking murderer! John B is innocent! I warned you and now we're coming for you and your daddy." Aria pushed off the hands of the surrounding officers as she walked off the podium, keeping a strong eye contact as she passed them.

Aria Campbell wasn't afraid of what the consequences might be to her actions all she cared about was making sure the truth got out. And if she had to die for it well then so be it.

:)
hi my loves <3
season two had me on my knees.
in every way possible.
welcome to the first official chapter
i missed you all so much x