037

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗢𝗬𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦 cheek as she hurried to the back of her house, staying out of the line of her parents sight.

JJ was gone, leaving behind a trail of smoke. Aria felt her phone buzz in her back pocket, she slid it out of the denim as she glanced at it.

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗭𝗜𝗘
𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘀.

A pang of hope hit her chest as she read the message, the night had been approaching quickly, she didn't hesitate as she rushed into the front seat of her car.

By the time she had reached the docks it was completely dark outside, the street lamps being the only source of lighting.

Aria stepped out into the chilly night, shutting the door behind her as she walked onto the wooden deck, her eyes darting over the docking range in search for the teenager.

Footsteps began to approach her, she could make out a silhouette of someone, which she automatically assumed it was the youngest Cameron, "Wheezie?"

Rafe stepped out into the light, his lips curling up as he watched her face completely drop, "nah, not Wheezie."

"Where the hell is Wheezie?" Aria snapped, the presence of her ex-boyfriend making her skin crawl with anger.

"Don't worry about it." He quipped, closing the distance between them as he stepped closer to her, "I needed to talk to you."

Aria felt her back press into the wooden railing behind her, she placed her palm in front of her, "get away from me."

He completely ignored her, his chest pressing against her palm, "what you do, Aria, affects me. You don't...you don't think about it that way, do you?"

"You almost shot me, Rafe. God, you shot your own sister." Aria furrowed her brows, darting her light eyes between his.

He rolled his eyes, his lips curling into a smirk, "that's it, right? It's always my fault, right? Like, uh...you know I wanna keep what's mine, that I got by my work, and I'm the bad guy for trying to hold onto it."

Aria was in complete disbelief, she parted her lips as she shook her head, "it's not yours, Rafe."

"Like I'm wrong to protect what's mine, huh." His tone was beginning to get more aggressive, his patience thinning.

She felt small, he was angry, she hated when he was angry.

Rafe sensed her fear, he lowered his tone, softly speaking to her, "listen to me, okay? The cops are going to talk to you, and I need to make sure the story's straight."

"You killed Peterkin." She spat, "my story's straight."

"Who are you trying to protect here, huh?" Rafe scoffed, their faces now inches apart.

"I'm trying to do the right thing!" Aria yelled, narrowing her eyes at the older boy stood closely to her.

"You doing the right thing is the reason that you could've gotten shot." Rafe argued, his chest rising up and down rapidly.

Aria pressed her finger into his chest roughly, "John B might get the death penalty because of you!"

"That! That right there. That's exactly what I'm talking about." He thundered, his height towering over her as he shoved his finger in her face, "you've always been against me. You never loved me."

She began to shake her head, her eyes beginning to burn with tears, "that's not true, Rafe. I loved you."

"Don't shake your head. You never loved me. You're just against me." Rafe groused, his own eyes starting to tear.

"I'm angry with you, Rafe. You're ruining my life, and my friends lives. I don't hate you. You need help." She pleaded, laying her palms flat against his chest.

Tears began to fall from her eyes, her bottom lip shaking, he pushed her away.

"Stop crying. Please stop crying." He can't handle it, "I'm not here to see you cry. I'm here to solve a problem."

She was afraid. Rafe was a ticking time bomb with no timer, he could explode at any given moment. She did the only thing that she could think of, she ran.

"Whoa, whoa, Aria! Where do you think you're going?" He called out, chasing behind her as she weaved through the buckets of boat tools.

Aria ran as fast as she could, glancing over her shoulder as Rafe gained speed on her.

She screamed as he wrapped an arm around her waist, her back meeting a bucket filled with water.

"No, Rafe! Stop!" She begged, holding onto his arms, "please. It's Aria."

He held onto her own arms, flicking his watery eyes between her own, he was slipping out of his own mindset, another one taking over as he blacked out.

"You'd let me fry. You already let me fry. You left me for him! I needed you!" He screamed, her body being jerked around as he shook her.

"No." She cried, "i just needed to get away."

"You brought this in yourself."

Her body was lifted, her loud screams echoing into the air as she was dunked into the water, her fingertips digging into his clothed arms.

The water filled her lungs, the oxygen leaving her lungs as she thrusted around in the water, she panted out into the air as she was lifted.

"Rafe, Please!" She sobbed, her hands holding onto his jacket as she gasped for air.

"This is on you! You're decisions."

Once again she was held under the water. Aria was panicking, shouting out, but no one was going to hear her.

She felt weak, tired of fighting. Her lips came together as her mouth shut, her grip on the boy began loose, her eyes fluttering closed.

In a way she felt peaceful. Everything was beginning to fade to black as her lungs began to overflow with water.

She could hear JJ's comforting voice in her head, she could his touch soothing her skin as she stopped fighting.

Aria wanted to fight, she wanted to kick and scream, but she was to tired.

Rafe held her down for a few seconds, his senses coming back to him as he yanked her unconscious body out of the water.

"No!" He cried out, lying her lifeless body onto the wooden dock, he placed his hand over her heart, desperate to feel a beat.

His fingers fumbled with his cellphone, he brought it up to his ear as it rung.

"Dad? Dad? You need to come to me. I think I killed her."