009

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔'𝗦 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗟𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 two passing years. Her back slumping against her front doors as she dropped her book bag.

"Aria? Is that you?" Belle's voice rang from the dimmed dinning room, her head coming to peek out of the doorway.

"Yes, mom." Aria called, unbuttoning her damp raincoat as she placed it on the standing coat rack, her mud stained shoes being kicked off as she threw them into the small basket.

Belle appeared out of the room as she pasted on a sweet smile, her dark blue apron stained with cake batter as she untied it, "we have been waiting for you."

"We?" Aria furrowed her brows, taking her mother's apron as she tossed it with her dirty shoes.

"Yes, we, Aria. Now let's go, you're holding up dinner." Belle answered, turning around as her heels hit the newly washed hardwood flooring.

With her shoulders slumped she walked towards the eating area, a low groan leaving her mouth as she saw who accompanied her parents.

Ward sat at the end of the table, Rafe sitting beside him as Rose sat across from him, Wheezie waving at Aria as she took the seat next to her brother.

"You gotta be shifting me." She said under her breathe as she flashed them family a small smile.

Aria pulled out the beige cushioned chairs as she sat on them, scooting herself forwards as she glanced down at the plate filled with different foods. She couldn't even eat, she looked back up, her eyes immediately connecting with Ward's tired ones.

"So, Aria, where have you been all night?" Victor asked, twirling his fork around his overly sauced pasta.

She parted his lips with a small shrug, "oh, you know, just mourning over my dead best friend and stuff."

Everyone stiffed at her blunt answer, she took this as an opportunity to continue, "hey, did you guys hear about the shooting at the Grand Street construction site?"

Ward dropped his knife, awkwardly laughing as he picked it up, "um, no. Wheezie why don't you go upstairs and let the adults talk."

Wheezie complied, bringing her plate with her as she hurried up the staircase.

"You didn't?" Aria directed the question at him, "that's weird, I heard it was, um, Gavin. Isn't he your pilot, Ward?"

"Not anymore." Ward stifled a chuckle as he cut into his grilled steak, "it's a long story."

Aria simply nodded, "was the money not enough?"

"Excuse me?" He rolled his chapped lips into his mouth as he stared at her dumbfounded.

"Like, when you payed him to fly out to the Bahamas. Was it not enough?" Aria placed her knuckles under her chin, staring at him with a slightly tilted head.

Ward scratched back of his neck, swallowing his food before answering her, "guess not."

"No, I completely get it, Mr Cameron. I would ask for millions of I had to cover up a murder, fly out stolen gold, and live with survivors guilt everyday." Aria leaned back into her chair, her lips curling up into a smirk as his mouth fell open.

"Aria, that's enough." Victor glared at his daughter, "I'm sorry about that, Ward."

Aria raised her hands in innocence, "sorry. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"That's okay, Victor. Did she start seeing the therapist that I suggested?" Ward asked, bringing cold water to his lips as it ran down his dry throat.

"A therapist? Shouldn't you be in a psych ward?" Aria mocked, pushing out her bottom lip as she furrowed her brows.

Victor banged his palm against the table, Aria closing her mouth at the sound, "that's enough, Aria."

"Aria, please." Her mother placed a hand on her shoulder, gripping it harshly as she kept a grin on her face, "let's talk about what really matters."

The dark haired girl shrugged her mother's hand off of her as she moved away from her, rolling her eyes as she folded her hands.

"Of course, Belle." Ward nodded in appreciation, "since you and your friends had made it your life to prove that Rafe killed Peterkin, they have started to get suspicious."

"As they should." Aria cut him off, "Ward you can't change my mind. You are really great at brainwashing people, and getting them to believe that you are some family oriented guy who would never hurt anyone. But I'm not that stupid. What's your next move, Ward? Kill me? Because trust me when I say you won't get away with that."

"I love my family." Ward clenched his jaw, "don't you dare say that I don't. You don't understand what's it like to be in my shoes."

Aria shook her head as she bit into her cherry tasting lips, "whatever you say."

"Rafe is innocent. We both know that." He blubbered in fake sadness, rubbing his wrinkly hands over his face.

"No. He killed Peterkin." Aria licked her top teeth as she sighed, "I'm not taking your side. John B is my best friend. I watched your son shoot the sheriff as she tried to arrest you. I'm not entertaining your little game."

Rafe rolled his eyes, "dad, I told you."

"Rafe, quiet." Ward hushed his son, "Aria, you can help serve justice for Peterkin. Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Serve justice? Yes, that's what I want. That means you in prison." Aria nibbled the skin on the inside of her mouth as her leg bounced up and down.

Ward was beginning to get frustrated with the smart-ass of a teen diagonal from him, "I'm innocent."

"Yeah, and I'm Lady Gaga." Aria teased, placing her fingers over her lips to muffle her laugh.

"This isn't a joke, Aria." Ward shut his eyes as he breathed out, opening them again as he calmed himself down, "do the right thing."

She nodded, "okay. Go find someone else to lie for you because it won't be me. I'm testifying against everyone at this table."

And with that she finished, uncrossing her legs as she stood, pushing her untouched place to the middle of the table as she grabbed Rose's half filled wine glass, letting the liquid slid down her throat with a burn. She hurried to her room as she locked her door, giggles escaping her mouth as she fell against her silk sheets.

"Fuck everyone!"

:)
this might be one of my
favorite chapters.
aria is my idol at this point.