050

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬
𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨.

𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘 along, the group of Pogues gathered outside around the docks, a cooler packed full of alcoholic beverages.

John B laid on his stomach, clutching a cold beer in his hand as he stared off into the lingering darkness ahead of him.

JJ and Kie had run back to the Château, desperately restocking their cooler that had already been half empty.

"Love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain." Pope blurted, adjusting the collar of his sweater as she sighed.

John B cocked a brow at the boys heart throbbing words, "wow. So okay, you and Kie. What's going on? Talk to me."

"Um." Pope sniffled, slightly shrugging, "well...she just wants to be friends. Death blow."

"Oh no. I'm sorry, man." John B frowned, patting his friends back gently.

Aria couldn't help but feel bad for Pope, he was desperately in love with his best friend. As much as Aria had adored the Carrera girl, Kiara was feeding him mixed signals.

"It's alright, Pope. Plenty of fish in the sea." Aria reassured, smiling gently at him from the deck.

"Speaking of. How's you and JJ?" JB asked curiously, tilting his head to the side.

She parted her lips, her smile dying down as she shook her head, "nothing. We're just friends."

Their conversation was short lived as the two missing friends hurried down the dock, beer cans stuffed in their arms.

JJ launched the van towards John B, who successfully caught the beverage.

"Impressive catch." He pushed out his lips in disbelief, clapping his hands together as he praised the brunette.

Kiara tossed Pope the other drink, her hands holding onto the railing of the deck as she leaned down.

Aria peeled back the tab, the metal clicking as the drink sizzled, she brought it to her lips, the immediate stench of alcohol hitting her nose.

"What are you guys doing down there? Having a good cry?" Kiara teased, giggling to herself as she glanced at the boy.

Pope scoffed, "Cry?"

Silence engulfed the group. Everyone noticing the absence of Sarah. It was different without her, it all felt off.

"You think she'll come around?" John B asked, playing with the metal coiling of his can as he sighed.

Aria nodded, "yea. Just give her some time."

"You know, I was just thinking about it. I'm gonna do a backflip." John B stood up abruptly, earning wearily glancing from his surrounding friends.

"You're lying." Aria snickered, shaking her head at the boy.

He tilted his head in protest, "I won't do it?"

"You won't." Aria ran her tongue along the inside of her mouth, narrowing her eyes at the brunette.

"You got any money?" He held his beer up directly in front of Pope, "hold my beer that you already dropped."

Pope grabbed the drink, stumbling over his feet as he cleared himself out of John B's way.

"I wanna see you do it!" He yelled, bouncing up and down impatiently.

John B steadied his feet onto the boat deck, flashing a smile at his friends before he flipped back into the dark waters.

The friends screamed, banging against the wooden railings of the docks as JB surfaced, the smile still glued to his face.

"Yeah!"

"Yeah!"

"Woogity!" He yelled, pumping his fist in the air as his wet strands dripped down his face.

They all laughed, watching as he climbed onto the deck of the HMS Pogue, all of them downing their beers as they tilted their heads back in pure euphoria.

JJ wrapped his arm around the small of Aria's back, making her jerk slightly as she swallowed, her eyes narrowing at the tipsy boy.

"What?" He asked, furrowing his brows as he laid his palm on her clothed hip.

She wrapped her fingers around the outside of his hand, peeling it off as she created a distance between them, "stop."

"Did I do something wrong?" JJ shook his head, parting his lips as he was in utter confusion.

"We're not dating anymore. You made that decision." Aria spat, rolling her eyes as she turned her back to him once more.

He felt small, a pang of hurt running through his chest at her sudden cold behavior towards him, his mind was clouded with overwhelming thoughts.

Aria didn't mean to snap at him, she just couldn't take his hypnotizing touch any longer, feeling herself being roped back into to something that may never flame again.

"I'm sorry." He blurted, staring at her backside as he played with the tips of his fingertips nervously.

She sighed before turning to face him, "I know. Just keep it casual. It hurts me more than you think."

And with that she walked down the dock, towards the Routledge residence as her body nearly shut down for exhaustion.

<3