035

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪!

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 to her broken home, the outside him appearing as a perfect happy family living inside, except it was the complete opposite.

Belle had been out on the main balcony, overlooking their breathtaking view of the coast, a sage green sweater being thrown over her shoulders as she stood.

"Hey, mom." Aria cleared her throat, shutting the double doors behind her as she stood awkwardly.

Her mother turned around quickly, a flash of relief appearing over her features as she furrowed her brows, "Aria. Where have you been? You had me scared to death."

Aria pulled her brows together in confusion, "you never care about that stuff. I was in Charleston, then at John B's."

"You should've called at least. Your father and I were worried sick." Belle shook her head, "you missed your curfew."

"My phone was dead. I left the plug here." Aria shrugged, tucking the silky strands behind her ears as she stayed leaned against the balcony doorway.

"You're brushing this off like no big deal, Aria. It's all because of that boy isn't it?" Belle narrowed her eyes at her rebellious teenager daughter, watching as her face fell.

Aria scoffed loudly as her mother mentioned JJ, "god, mom, seriously? Leave JJ out of this for once."

"Fine. Why did you decide to come back?" Belle held freshly washed clothes in her hands, folding them neatly.

"John B is back." Aria boasted, eyeing the woman doing chores.

Belle glanced up for a moment, the mention of the Pogue making her gawk, "I saw it on the news. Ward came by before to talk."

"Of course he did." Aria laughed in annoyance, "well, John B needs money for a good lawyer."

"Are you serious?"

"Mom, he's been arrested for a crime he did not commit! They're gonna kill him because of Rafe! That's not fair." Aria yelped, leaning away from the doorframe as she stepped onto the wooden patio of the balcony.

Belle clicked her tongue, tossing the lavender scented dress onto the couch edge, "you expect me to help out your friend? You're in denial, he's got you brainwashed."

"I was there! I witnessed the entire murder. Why can't you just do the right thing for once?" Aria cried out in frustration.

"Aria, stop it! Everything you're doing is for these boys. It is always about the boys." Belle fought, shaking her head continuously.

Aria parted her lips as she pulled her brows together, "they are my friends!"

"Your friends? They're using you for your money. Do you really think they care about you? They don't." The older woman breathed out, her light eyes darting between her daughters angry ones.

Victor stepped onto the balcony, approaching his wife as his eyes flicked over towards the teenagers stood by the doorway, relief washing across his face.

"I'm glad you decided to return, Aria. Although you're late." He rested his palm flat against his wife's back.

"Yeah." Aria fought the urge to roll her eyes as she breathed out, "my fault."

"Why don't you tell your father about our conversation." Belle insisted, her lips turning into a scowl.

Aria swallowed, feeling small under her fathers hardening stare. She was always afraid of him, he was one of the most powerful men in Kildare Island.

"I just need some money for a lawyer." Her voice cracked as her eyes drifted towards the light colored wood below her, "they're gonna kill him, dad."

"Sweetheart." Victor cooed, "are you going through this again? He's not innocent. He's the reason sheriff Peterkin is dead."

"No. Rafe shot her. I was there. I'm not in denial." Aria hissed.

Victor let his hand drop to his side, slowly walking over to his daughter as he gripped her small hands, "you're in denial."

"Denial? I witnessed the entire thing!" Aria cried out, attempting to yank her wrists from her fathers tight grip.

She whimpered as he only made it stronger, clenching his jaw in anger.

"He's got you both brainwashed. Did JJ send you here? He can't afford a good lawyer, none of your friends can."

"JJ isn't using me! This was my decision to come here. I thought that maybe you'd both do the right thing for once, but clearly I was wrong." She shouted, tears building in her eyes as her wrists burned.

"He's clearly using you! He doesn't love you, Aria. He only loves your money. Your friends. They aren't your true friends."

His words struck her, going straight to her heart as she shook her head rapidly, shouting in protest as she begged to be let go.

"Get off me! Get off me!" She sobbed, yelling over his loud voice.

With another yank of strength, her wrists were freed, her body stumbling back into the glass doors, her skin a fiery red shade.

"You're both crazy." She keened, turning quickly on her heels as she hurried through her house.

The tinted envelope on the counter made her stop, she turned her head towards the patio, no sign of her parents. She grabbed it, ripping the top off as she searched threw it frantically.

Cash. Lots of it. She didn't think twice as she stole it, throwing her front door open as she scurried to get into her car.

This was a risk she was willing to take. After all they are her true friends. Right?

;)
...