020

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬
𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙨 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 suspicions on the mystery letter, the fancy writing, the wheat stamp. They weren't doing this for pure curiosity, this was for John B.

Aria didn't want to arrive home to the mess she had left, she knew once she walked through the doors she'd be shipped off to a school off the island.

"Twenty-seven King Street." Pope read off the invitation, glancing out of the windshield as he slowed the car.

"Talk about home security." JJ mumbled, glancing wide eyed at the systems installed around the large home, "are those spikes to keep people out?"

"No." Aria replied, turning to the blonde with a wearily glance, "these spikes were to keep people in."

Heyward's truck came to a halt, the engine being shut off as they threw open the car doors. Anticipation flowing throughout their bodies as they
cautiously walked up the doors.

Pope lifted his knuckles to the hard door, knocking louder then he intended as it echoed through the home, "you think that was too much?"

"It echoed the entire house. That's for sure." Aria bit into her bottom lip, containing her laughter as she stood behind the boy.

They were beginning to think they had been sent to the wrong house, stepping back from the door, suddenly it flew open, revealing a man.

"You must be Pope." He ran his eyes down the boys attire.

"Are you Mrs. Limbrey?" Pope asked curiously, scrunching his face in confusion as the man laughed lowly.

"Ms. Limbrey was expecting you yesterday." His hand drug over his stubble, leaning in the doorway of the entrance.

Pope swallowed nervously, nodding shyly in slight embarrassment, "oh. I'm...I'm sorry. My car broke down on the way up here."

"Carburetor blew up in the middle of Nowheresville." Aria remarked, earning an playful push from JJ, "sorry about that."

"Yeah, she was, uh, real upset when you didn't show up." He scoffed, biting into his bottom lip, clearly unimpressed with the lousy teenagers crowded around the door.

His eyes kept wondering to Aria, something in his gut making her feel extremely familiar. But again, everyone knew the Campbell's.

"We tried to call, but there's no number on the invitation." Kie chimed in, crossing her arms as she bounced on the balls of feet awkwardly,

JJ cleared his throat, already seeming to catch a bad vibe from the menacing looking man, "we got here as fast as we could."

He still didn't seem impressed, treating them like dogs. His dark eyes fell back on Pope's face, flicking to the group of three behind him, "she also excepted you to come alone."

"I mean, these are my friends. They helped find the Royal Merchant too. I-" Pope began.

"The instructions were explicit. Your friends can stay outside." He parted his lips, his skin-crawling stare falling back on the dark haired girl behind him, "except her. You two."

"We're kind of package deal, man." JJ narrowed his eyes, feeling a pang of offense in his chest.

"JJ. It's okay. I got this. C'mon, Aria." Pope flashed the two a weak smile, letting the Kook walk in before him.

Aria wearily glanced around the olden home, it seemed fragile to the eye but strong to the touch. Her fingertips glided along the wooden walls, her eyes examine every sparkle on the hanging chandelier above her.

She was in complete awe, her feet tapping against the flooring as they entered a small sitting area, the smell of unmade tea hitting her noise.

"Just wait in here." The man directed the pair, "Ms. Limbrey would be right with you."

Pope wondered around the small nook, his eyes boring into the titles of old dusty books sat neatly on the shelf, clutching the invitation in his hand.

Aria didn't hesitate as she sat down, the cotton of the chairs seeming to engulf her body as she sighed, "cute house."

"Yeah. It's just, like, none of this makes sense." Pope turned his head over his shoulder, shrugging lightly.

She opened her mouth to comfort him, it closing immediately as she heard banging approaching them.

"Mr. Heyward." A lady came into view, a white headband holding back her styled blonde curls, "I'm Carla Limbrey."

She gave a weak smile, clutching her cane as she shook his hand, her light eyes fell on the girl beside him. Her body nearly gave out as she stumbled back, Pope quickly helping her regain her balance.

"Oh my God."

:)
i hate Carla :)