013

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘
𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔'𝗦 𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗨𝗗𝗗𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗢𝗙𝗧𝗟𝗬 against the lined paper, her free hand holding her chin up as she was beginning to doze off.

"Mr. Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?" A man walked in, fixing his overly expensive suit as he clutched a beige letter in his hand.

"We're in the middle of a test." Mr. Sun kept his voice above a whisper as he stepped around his desk.

The man nodded before parting his lips and showing him the letter, "I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation."

"Mr. Heyward, it's for you." Mr. Sun gave in, returning back to his desk as Pope furrowed his brows in confusion.

He hesitated as he slowly stood, flashing the friends looks before he walked out of the room, the men stepping out behind him.

After a couple of minutes he returned. The letter in his hand as he slid into his seat, Aria turned around to face him, her lips parting as her eyes widened, "is that the wheat symbol."

"Yeah." Pope swallowed, his eyes enlarging as he dragged his fingertips over the stamped wheat.

"What the f..." JJ blurted, Mr. Sun snapping his head over to the blonde as he raised one brow, "fu...fu...fudge."

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗣 𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧 of their history teachers classroom the second the bell had rung, hurriedly walking to the library as their patience's were on a low.

"Am I gonna have to beat you with a protractor? What's going on?" Aria groaned, throwing her back pack onto the chair before slumping down into it, "seriously you're driving me insane."

"Okay, so that guy was from the scholarship committee. Take a look at this." Pope informed the friends, sliding the letter over to JJ, "read it out loud."

The blonde was quick to rip it open, throwing the empty envelope onto the table as he opened the car, his brows furrowing as he squinted his eyes, "I can't read cursive."

Aria bit into her bottom lip to conceal her laughter, gently taking it from him as she began to read it, "Dear Mr. Heyward, I am reaching out because I have material evidence that can exonerate John B. Routledge. It is of vital importance that you come and meet with me in person at my offices at 27 King Street, Charleston at 8:00 pm sharp. Please come alone. Regards, C. Limbrey."

"Charleston? It's like an eight-hour drive plus the ferry." Pope groaned, placing his hands over his head in stress as he paced.

"Well if we wanna get there tonight then we better leave, like, right now." Aria folded the letter, sliding it back into the safety of the envelope as she slid it back to Pope.

Kie nodded, gathering her bag quietly, "I have a free period."

"Material evidence? What does that even mean, "material evidence"?" JJ asked, cocking a brow in question.

Aria glanced up at him as she tossed her bag over her shoulder, "it means they can clear John B."

His blue eyes went wide, a cheeky smile spreading across his lips in happiness, "oh, shit, then we're going to Charleston."

"I gotta tell my mom." Aria sighed, there was no way on this green earth that Belle would let her travel to Charleston, especially with the Pogues.

"Same." Kie shook her head softly before continuing, "Look if we get this time, we are not giving it to Shoupe."

The friends nodded in agreement as Pope clicked on the internet, searching up the Limbrey name out of pure curiosity. His lips parted, furrowing his brows together, "I'm not sure, but I think whoever this Limbrey person is, they might be related to the caption of the Royal Merchant."

It seems as if everything was tied to the shipwreck. If it weren't for the Royal Merchant, they wouldn't be in this disaster. Aria didn't seem to mind, yes she hated being with out her Sarah but if this hadn't have happened maybe she wouldn't be standing around with Kie, Pope and JJ.

:)
🤗