033

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙧.

𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗕𝗨𝗠𝗣𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 arms as John B was hauled out of his holding cell, his head down low as his arms were secured behind his back.

The friends sat up in their seats as he walked in, their lips parting as they stared at him. His shoulders slumped as he slouched into the flimsy chair.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statue section 14, you are charged with the murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances." The judge spoke, "if convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty,"

The gavel was slammed down, the noise ringing in each of the Pogues ears as they stood up, tears forming in each of their eyes as they began to riot.

"Your honor. He's 17." JJ pleaded, his voice breaking as he shook his head in complete disbelief.

"He's 17! Are you kidding me? This is such bullshit!" Aria yelled, earning disgusted looks from the Kooks surrounding her.

The judge quickly shushed the protesting teenagers, John B being placed in the care of the guards as they hauled him up.

"Hey, John B, we're gonna figure it out." JJ promised, sending his friend a small smile as he was yanked out of sight.

"John B! No!" Sarah cried as her boyfriend disappeared, her body jolted forwards in a attempt to follow behind him.

An officer rushed over, grabbing her roughly as he held her, immediate cries left her mouth as she thrashed her wrists in his tight hold.

Aria ripped her away from the annoyed officer, "don't you touch her!"

The teenagers quickly fled the court room, yelling promises to the framed boy being located into his holding cell.

"I should have never came home." Sarah whimpered, swiping her thumb underneath her damp eyes as she dried her tears.

"They're gonna kill him. We have to do something, guys." Aria stomped down the concrete steps, pushing her dark hair over her shoulder.

"Sorry for what you and your family have gone through." Hugh comforted the Cameron's, his sad voice catching the Pogues attention, "thank God the system works."

Aria narrowed her eyes at the suited man, she came to a full stop as she turned her body to face him, "can you please shut up! Of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you."

"He'll have his day in court. The jury will decide." He shot back, shaking his head in disapproval.

She scoffed loudly, her eyes flicking over to the man she hated most, her finger lifting to point towards him, "he shouldn't even be in court! You should, 'cause you're a murderer. You have a lot of nerve showing up to court."

"I know you're upset. I understand you're upset." The corners of his lips curled into a pitiful smile, his eyes softening.

"Upset?" She growled, her brows pulling together in frustration.

"He's got you all fooled." Ward shook his head gently.

Her blood had been rising, the bottle cap finally flying off as she jerked her body towards him, "no, I'm not just upset."

JJ quickly wrapped a secure hand around her forearm, attempting to yank her back as the police began to run over in assistance.

"Show some respect! You've changed, Aria. Even your parents noticed it. It's all because of that Pogue. You and Sarah are the same." Ward yelled, the cops breaking up the argument.

Shoupe stepped in front of the riled up teenager, her chest rising up and down rapidly as she clenched her jaw tightly, "fuck you!"

The sheriff held onto her shoulder, keeping him from flying forwards and strangling the Kook.

"You wanna get arrested?" He turned his head towards her, letting his hand fall to the side as Ward scurried away.

"It's not a coincidence that we're sitting with them, Ward." Aria concluded, wrapping an arm around the blonde as they hurried out of the front yard belonging to the court room.

They were all fuming, clear anger residing on their faces as they loaded into Aria's truck, or Victor's truck.

This was only the beginning for Aria, she would bend over backwards for her friends, but this time she had to show it.