017

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝙥𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧!

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗗 flew, the teenagers groaning as they got adjusted back into the tight space in the three seater, since they were a group of four they had to squeeze.

The car ride was relatively silent, the low humming of the music playing on the radio as they drove down the gravel off roads, Pope had been the first one to break their comfortable quietness.

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times. It makes no sense." He referred to the invitation that he was clutching in his hand, passing it to the three as they re-read it for themselves.

"I mean, the Limbrey's own, like, half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare Island." Aria pondered, none of this made sense.

John B had been accused of a murder that he didn't commit, of course it was going to make news. A teenager killing a police officer, more importantly the sheriff. This was extremely confusing, what did Pope have to do with this?

"Why you specifically?" JJ added, "that's the other creepy thing."

Kie nodded her head in agreement, sloppily throwing back the loose strands of hair that had fallen over her eyes as she spoke, "yeah. "Please come alone." Thats hella sus."

"I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because-" Pope began but was soon cut off by the engine hissing loudly, steam beginning to appear out of the hood of the truck.

"Oh, come on." Aria snapped her hands against the dashboard in annoyance, sitting up to get a closer look at the cloud forming.

"Pull over." JJ directed Pope, the smoke fogging up the windows as the boy could barely see out of the windshield, "that's a lot of smoke, even for your dad's truck.''

Somehow it had seeped into the car, the teens coughing as it had made its way into their lungs, for any other person perspective, the car had looked like it was going to explode.

"Pope, I got sensitive lungs, man!" The dark haired girl cursed under her breathe, tucking the hair behind her ears as she had a coughing fit.

"I'm pulling over." Pope had put more pressure on the gas, the speed instantly picking up as they flew down the hidden street.

JJ had to grip the grab handle as they had came to a short stop, the car jerking backwards at the engine had given out, "what are you doing dude?"

Pope had yanked his door handled towards him, opening the door as he rushed out to the hood of the truck, he laughed in disbelief, with his luck.

"Why us? Like we can never catch a break." Aria groaned, tugging softly at her frizzy roots.

The three had exited, joining Pope as they all stared at the steaming car parts, the sounds that was leaving the engine was worrying them all.

"It's gonna blow up." Kie took cautious steps back, creating distance between her body and the broken down truck.

JJ rolled his eyes at her behavior, "it's not gonna blow up. You probably unhooked the radiator, Pope. I haven't seen this before."

Aria stood beside her boyfriend, perks of dating a total nerd about cars, you learn a lot from them. She glanced around at the different parts, her blue eyes narrowing at the cap that had been unscrewed, "you knocked the entire hubcap off!"

The blonde snapped his heads towards her, cocking his brow as he was completely astonished at her words, "what did you just say?"

"I told you, Maybank. I do pay attention when you talk." Aria shoved his chest lightly, a smile taking over her lips as she stared up at him.

"If you two could stop eye fucking each other, we could figure this out. Oh, and, thanks." Pope squeezed himself between the couple, cutting off their intimate moment.

"Right." JJ coughed awkwardly, shaking his head as he couldn't wipe off the stupid grin, "you might wanna reschedule your meeting tonight, Pope."

Kie had stepped closer to the car, joint the three as they all stared it out dumbfounded, "Plan B? We could, um...public transportation."

"We could hitchhike. We could rent bikes." Aria listed off her own ideas, the boys seeming to pay the pair no mind as they had been to caught up in the truck.

"Yeah, it's the radiator." JJ confirmed, nodding his head slowly as he clicked his tongue.

They were most likely stranded, the night was starting to creep up on them, the sky painted with a dim sunset as it had gotten darker with every passing second.

"My dad's gonna kill me." The stressed teen ran his hand over his tight tiny curls, mumbling curses at himself.

JJ nodded again, "yeah, he might. He might."

:)
pope is so adorable it
hurts.
also thank u so much for
14k reads <3333