030

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬
𝙣𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡.

𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗 at the familiar wooden dock, deja vu hit the two girls. The Cameron household a walk down from the parking station.

Sarah exited the boat with the help of Aria, the two dusting themselves off as they blew out a breath of air.

They weren't prepared for Ward's reaction, deep down they both had strong hatred for the man they used to adore.

The blonde suddenly stopped, turning on her heels as she suddenly regretted her decision of coming back to her so called home, she faced the calm waters.

"You can do this, S. I'll be right here with you." Aria frowned, patting the girls back gently as she urged her.

Sarah nodded, flashing her a small smile as they spun back around, continuing their short walk to the home.

As they arrived, an expensive car pulled into the graveled driveway, revealing their worst nightmare as he swung the door open.

Ward stepped out into the warm weather of the Island, sunglasses blocking his bright eyes as he adjusted the button up he adorned, immediately his eyes fell on the girls.

"Sarah? Sarah!" He yelled in disbelief, ripping his sunglasses off, "oh my God, sweetheart. Oh my god!"

Sarah threw her hand up, stepping back cautiously as her back collided with Aria's chest, "stay back. Stay back. Stay back!"

He backed up, throwing his hands up in defense as his lips slowly parted, "I'm back. I'm back. I'm so happy. I'm sorry."

She glanced around wearily at the truck, "where's Rafe?"

"Uh, I...I don't...I don't know. He's not home. He's not home." Ward stuttered, "you okay."

"Of course I'm not okay." Sarah deadpanned, "you saw what Rafe did."

Ward shook his head in denial, "he didn't mean to, sweetheart. It was an accident. It was. I didn't think I was ever going to see you again, and here you are. You're...in your backyard. You're home."

Aria was in complete shock, the words leaving his mouth like it had been no big deal to him. God, he was insane.

"I'm not coming home." Sarah spat, her voice croaking as she swallowed her sob, "I said stay back."

Ward kept a distance between them, "I'm staying back. I'm right here. I cant stand to see you hurt, and...I just want to protect you, and I can't do that when you're with him, and he's got you in these situations. You just can't even know what it's been like. I thought you- I thought you were dead."

"Oh my God, Ward. Cut the bullshit!" Aria interrupted his pity speech, "you moved on with your life as if Sarah wasn't gone. You never truly cared about her, bro! John B is the reason that's she still alive. Your own son shot her, and yet your defending him like he's the good guy. But, hey, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?"

His face went slightly pale, his brows furrowing with anger, "you shut your mouth about my son. He's innocent."

"Do you remember the night of the storm?" Sarah cut in, her eyes beginning to water as she stared at her father.

He nodded, "yeah."

"On the radio, you promised me that if I came back, you would tell the truth. You remember?" Sarah asked, cocking a brow, "I'm going to testify against you. That you lied. And that Rafe lied and that Rose lied."

"Oh sweetie." Ward sighed, gripping his stubbled chin with a look of disappointment.

"Just convince Rafe to turn himself in." Aria snapped, "Sarah and I witnessed the shooting. This can all be over, Ward."

He shook his head again, "I'm not gonna do that."

"But why?" Sarah cried, "John B didn't shoot Peterkin."

"No, he didn't kill sheriff Peterkin but he is the reason she is dead." He cooed.

Aria's brows shot up in shock, how dumb did they look? His mind games, and his skillful ways of manipulation would only work on so many people.

"What?"

"I offered to help him for just the tiniest little bit of what was already rightfully mine, and he said no. You know why he said no? Because he's greedy, like his father before him. He's so crazy for all that goddamn gold that he wouldn't share any of it with the one person that could help him. So crazy for that gold that he pulls his van in front of our airplane almost killing you and me on that tarmac. That's why we were even there. That's why Peterkin was there. That's why it all happened. Him." Ward throughly explained.

Sarah shook her head, tears pooling from her soft eyes, "no. It was Rafe."

"And he's gonna get caught, and he's gonna drag all of you with him." Ward frowned.

Aria rolled her eyes, "he didn't even murder anybody!"

"Sarah, this family, all of this...I didn't have it growing up." He breathed out, his voice going into a lower, sadder tone, "any of it. And if you think there is anything that I wouldn't do to keep us all together, sweetheart, you haven't been paying attention."

She kept her teary eyes fixated on the man she once adored, sniffling slightly as she spoke, "if you don't tell the truth, you'll never see me again."

"You don't mean that." Ward chuckled, "you're my favorite, Sarah. Rafe knows it. But no. I'm not going to choose between my daughter and my son. I can't . But I will tell you that, in the end, it will be okay."

"God, you're such a liar. You'd never throw him under the bus. You'd rather watch your daughter suffer!" Aria shouted, pressing her body heat into Sarah's as she attempted to show a sign of comfort.

Sarah stepped closer to him, away from the protection of her best friend. She sniffled once more, her voice breaking as she flicked her watery eyes between her fathers, "what happened to you."

And with that she spun on her heels, ending the conversation as they two began to storm away from
him, hurriedly running towards the boat as they fled.

:)
girls bosses