2

"Leya. Hey. You have to get up. We have landed.", my mother says. I must have fallen asleep during the flight. "Yes, yes. I'm already awake. How long was I asleep?"

"The whole flight. When we sat down here, you put your airpods in and two minutes later you were asleep," she answers me as she leaves our row of seats and goes out into the aisle.

I am a person who can sleep anywhere, anytime. Sometimes it's good, like here on the plane, but sometimes it's pretty bad. For example, when I fall asleep at school.

Half an hour later, we pick up our suitcases. Thank God everything went well with them. The last thing I need now is a lost or broken suitcase.

"Mum, I'm going to call Ella right now. She told me to call her as soon as we landed." "No not now. Can't you wait until we get to our new home? We have to find a taxi first." "Yes okay."

Ella

We're in the taxi now, I'll call
you when we get to our house

After about 15 minutes in the taxi, we drive into a residential area until we stop in front of a house. "So. Here we are," says the taxi driver.

We get out, take our things out of the boot and pay for the taxi. A few minutes later, the two of us are standing alone in front of the front door. "It looks quite nice, doesn't it?" my mother asks. "Yes. It looks really pretty," I reply. It really does look quite nice from the outside, but is it the same on the inside? I'm not quite so sure. "Then. Let's go inside."

It really is even more beautiful than I had imagined. "Wow. It's beautiful," I say to my mother, who walks through the house to look at everything. I do the same and go into the room to the left of the entrance hall.

The house has high ceilings and is decorated really beautifully. Although it's an older house it is renovated modern with bright colours but still has this touch of something old.

The kitchen is completely white with a dark brown parquet floor.

Opposite the kitchen is the living and the dining room. Same style here. The dark floor and then bright furniture.

"Mum? Where are you?", I scream through the whole house. "I'm upstairs. Come up. You have to see this.", she shouts back. I don't need to be told twice and go up the stairs to the first floor. There is another huge hallway. On this floor is one guest room, one bedroom and and 2 bathrooms.

"Wow that's so pretty but where should I sleep? There is no other bedroom." My mum laughs. "You have a whole floor to yourself. You only have to go up the stairs."

"You're kidding, right?" She can't be serious, can she? Before I can think about it, I'm already going up the stairs. At the top is a door that leads to my own little "flat". When I open it, I can't believe that it's all mine. 

My room consists of a bedroom, a bathroom, a dressing room and little chill area.

"Do you like it?" my mother suddenly says from behind. "No.", I say and see the smile disappear from my mother's face. "I don't like it, I love it," I finally say and hug my mother. "I'm going shopping now. Will you come with me?" "Sure," I answer her.

"Why is everything cheaper here in Germany than in London?" I ask her as I look at the price of the bananas. "I don't know, sweetheart, but could you go and get some eggs and milk for me? That would be nice."

I don't know where anything is, but I go to find it anyway. After 10 minutes I finally find the eggs and I'm about to go back to my mother when suddenly someone bumps into me.

"Hey, watch where you're going. You made me drop the eggs," I say in a loud tone. "I'm sorry," he tries to say, but my mother interrupts him. "Leya, you can be heard screaming all over the shop. What happened?"

"He just bumped into me and now all the eggs are broken," I reply to her, annoyed.  Another woman is just coming our way.

"Jude? What's going on here?" she says, to the boy directly in front of me. And only now do I really notice him. He is tall, good-looking and Jude Bellingham a famous footballer. I know this because I am a football fan myself. But he doesn't need to know that I know who he is.

"I accidentally bumped into her and she dropped the eggs," he finally replies to his mother. The two of them also speak English and that's why several people are looking at us by now.

"I'm sorry that happened. We'll pay for it, of course," the woman says as she looks back and forth between me and my mother. "No, of course you don't have to. After all, it was my daughter's fault too," my mother says and I roll my eyes.

"Mum. Can I have the car keys?  I'll wait outside." She gives me the keys and I leave the supermarket without saying goodbye to them. As I walk across the car park, I suddenly hear a voice calling my name.

"Leya?" I don't respond but just keep walking until the person has caught up with me and is standing next to me. "Your name is Leya, isn't it?"

"That depends on who wants to know." I turn my head in his direction and look him up and down once. "Ah. It's you," I say unenthusiastically. "Yes. I wanted to apologise again for what happened just now "  "Yeah okay", I don't know what else to say.

Now no one knows what to say, so we stand in front of the car in silence. "I've never seen you here before", he suddenly remarks.

"Have you met all 600.000 people in this city?" I ask with a small smile on my face. "No, I don't think so", he says and looks a bit uncomfortable. "But I also just moved here, so there's no chance we could have met before", I say and he nods.

"Jude. Can you help me with the shopping?" his mother calls. "I'm going now. Bye," he says. "Bye."

In the evening I lie in bed because I want to talk to Ella on the phone. "Hey. Omg. How is it in Germany so far?" "Well, the house is really beautiful, but I haven't really seen much of the city yet." "Okay. Have you made any new friends yet?" "Of course not. That's bound to take some time. We went shopping earlier...", I tell her the whole story.

"You mean Jude Bellingham? THE Jude Bellingham?" "Yes. 100% sure." "Omg. He's so hot", she says and she's definitely right. "Anyway, I need to go to sleep. I have a maths test tomorrow.

What time is it with you guys?" she asks. "It's always an hour later here. So it's already 0:00." "Already that late? You should probably go to sleep too" "Midnight is not late, but I think you're right. Good night and good luck with your maths test." "Thank you and good night. Love you" After we hang up, I get changed and think about the whole day for a bit until i fall asleep nh