32

As the sun slowly rises and the sky glows purple and pink, I am still sitting on the bench on my bridge.

We have the whole day to do something again today.

I'll go back to the cemetery, as I decided yesterday, to beautify the grave a bit again.

Who knows when I'll come to London next time.

I get up from the bench and make my way back to the hotel.

If it were a bit warmer, I wouldn't go back, but I'm frozen through and I really need a hot shower.

When I get back, I'm lucky because Kiara is still fast asleep and doesn't even notice that I'm there.

I quickly take a shower and then take all the money I have with me.

I also manage to get out of the room unnoticed and go back out onto the cold streets. I need a flower shop.

"Excuse me, but do you know where the next flower shop is?" I ask a slightly older woman who comes towards me.

"Yes. You have to go around the corner over there and then you'll see one," she says, pointing her finger in that direction.

"Okay. Thank you very much," I say and smile at her.

So I walk along the path described by the woman.

The shop is really small and cosy, but the bouquets look really beautiful.

"Have a nice day. What can I do for you?"

"Hello, I need some flowers," I say, looking around.

Where did people get all these flowers?

"Sure, what kind do you want?" she asks me, with a friendly smile.

"Maybe some that stay longer. You have to know, they are for a grave and unfortunately I don't live here anymore. I want to plant the flowers so that a part of me will always be here with them," I say and the florist just nods.

"I think I have exactly what you are looking for. One moment please," she says and disappears to the back.

A few minutes later she comes back with 6 bulbs in her hand.

"These are tulips. They always bloom in spring. Just put the bulbs here in the ground and water them a little and they should be flowering even now in spring. As you can see, they have already started to grow, so it should happen relatively quickly now," she says and puts the six bulbs on the counter.

"Okay. I'll take them," I say and pay.