33

Our train is just pulling into Dortmund central station again and I haven't talked to Kiara or Tom since yesterday.

I also told Jude not to pick me up. I told him that I want to go to my mother's right away.

But that's not true. There's nowhere I'd rather be right now than with Jude, but I can't.

I can't look him in the eye with the conscience that someone else kissed me yesterday.

I know that's not actually cheating, but it feels like it and I just can't tell him yet.

And I don't really want to see my mother either, after she lied to me for almost a whole year.

"Who's picking you up?" Mrs Schwarz asks me annoyed after we get off the train.

"No one. I'm walking.", I answer her without looking at her.

"Leya, you know your behaviour will have an after game," she says.

I don't even listen to her anymore, but just leave and make my way home.

After walking for an hour, I finally arrive.

When I open the door, I immediately smell lunch that my mother is cooking.

But when I get to the kitchen, it's not my mother, it's Denise, and next to her at the bar is Jude.

Great. All the people I don't want to see at the moment, all at once.

They greet me with a big smile.

Shit, what am I supposed to do now?

At that moment my mother comes into the room and looks at me at the same time, serious but also happy to see me again.

"So nice to have you back," Denise says, stirring the pot once with her spoon.

I just nod and then leave the room again to take my things upstairs.

In my room, the first thing I do is lie down on my bed and take a deep breath.

"Leya, we need to talk. Your teacher called me," my mother suddenly says, coming into the room.

I don't answer but turn away from her.

"I'm serious. Don't you think you owe me an explanation?" she asks as she sits down on the edge of my bed.

"So now I owe you an explanation? How about we start the other way around first?", I ask her.