7

Jude's pov:  

As we drive out of the school grounds, everyone looks at us strangely. It's certainly not often that a footballer picks up a girl from school. I waited outside my car. A few recognised me, pointed their fingers at me or whispered to each other.

 I waited for her until she finally came too, as beautiful as ever. She looked a bit surprised when she saw me, but so would I if she was picking me up from my training.

 Now we're sitting in the car and I don't know whether I should get something to eat or not. "Um. Are you hungry? Do you want me to get you something to eat?" I ask her while I look over at her. She looks like she's thinking about it. "Why do you have to think? Are you hungry or not?", I ask a little mockingly. She looks at me and says, a little offended: "I'm not thinking about whether I'm hungry, but about what I want to eat." Now she folds her arms in front of her chest and looks out of the window in a huff. I have to grin at the sight. I would say: typical girl.

 "Go to McDonald's," she says, still not looking at me. "Not until you say please." "Are you making fun of me?" she says, but I can see she has to suppress a laugh too. At that moment I see an MC Donald's sign and shortly afterwards I turn into the drive-in.

 "So, what should I order?" I ask as there is only one car left in front of us. "Do I look like three? I can order my own food." As I've already noticed, she's very stubborn and cheeky, but I couldn't imagine her any other way.

 "Welcome to MC Donalds, your order please." She looks at me to make sure she can start. I just nod and then she starts talking. "Hey. I'd like one order of 20x Chicken McNuggets with sweet and sour sauce and curry sauce, two cheeseburgers, one Big Mac Bacon TS, large Curly Fries with mayonnaise, one large French Fries with mayonnaise, one Big Ceasar Chicken Salad, one large Coke, one Mc Flurry LION White Caramel and one Mc Sundae Caramel. Ah, and another iced coffee, please," she finishes the order and I look at her open-mouthed. "What?" she asks me innocently. 

"Is that it?" the woman asks at that moment. "Yes," I say quickly. "  "Okay, then please pull up to the second window." As we wait for our order, I am still speechless. "You don't think you'll get anything out of it, do you?" she asks me. Does she really want to eat all that herself? "Do you somehow have an extended family with you at home?", she can't be serious about eating all that. 

We wait at the second window  until the woman turns to us and looks into the car. Her mouth drops open and she looks me straight in the eyes for a few seconds until it becomes too uncomfortable and I quickly look away. "Are you done staring?", Leya asks the woman annoyed and she turns her eyes. I have to grin and the woman immediately turns back to her order.

 She hands us the bill and I want to give her my card so I can pay, but Leya interrupts me. "Stop. I'm paying," she says. But I shake my head. "Yes I do, this is my order, I'm paying for it." I roll my eyes and just hand the cashier my card. I pay, take the four bags of food and drive out of the Drive In and stand in the car park.

 Leya is looking out the window again in a huff with her arms folded in front of her chest. "Why are you offended again?" I ask her. She doesn't turn to me, but continues to look out of the window. I take her chin and turn her towards me so that she is looking me straight in the eye. Her eyes are really beautiful. After a few seconds I realise that I am still holding her. I let go of her immediately and we each look out of our window at the same time.

 "It's just that when I say I want to pay for MY food, I want to pay for MY food, okay?" Is she messing with me now? She's not mad about that, is she? "Okay, next time you pay okay?", I suggest. She holds out her hand and says, "Deal?", I take her hand and shake it. "Deal.", I say. 

On the way to my house, we don't really talk anymore. It's only when we're sitting in my room and she's unpacking her food that she smiles again.

 "I know how to make you happy now." She looks up at me, her mouth full. I have to laugh and then I steal two fries from her. She gives me a death stare and I have to laugh even more.

 After she has eaten and is full, there is really nothing left, but she offers me something to eat, just out of kindness. She just couldn't have done it on her own, that's why she said that.

 "What do we do now?" she asks me. "I don't know. Whatever you want." "Okay. Then I want to play FIFA," she says. I've never seen a girl play FIFA voluntarily. "Okay, but be prepared to lose," I say as I turn on the Playstation. 

"You have to choose which league your club should be from...", I try to explain to her, but she interrupts me. "I know how to play FIFA, you don't have to explain it to me," she says as she gives me a challenging look. "Okay. Okay.", I say laughing.

 "What team are you?" she finally asks me. "Dortmund, of course. And you?", I ask her back. "West Ham.", she answers curtly, as if she doesn't want to talk about it.

 "Are you ok?", I ask her carefully. "Yes. Shall we start?" she quickly changes the subject. "Yes. I'm ready."

I win the first game, of course, but she wins the second. I told her that I let her win, but she doesn't need to know that this is not the case. She laughed anyway. Her smile is beautiful and I could watch her laughing all the time. I could also look at her all the time without her smiling.

We sit on my sofa and talk about football all the time until there's a knock at the door. A few seconds later, Gio comes in, who, according to the look on his face, didn't expect to see us both here. Leya stands next to me and Gio looks back and forth between her and me.

 I look at her for a moment, confused, and she at me. We both ask ourselves the same question in our heads: What the fuck is wrong with him?

 "Um. Is everything okay with you? Or should I get help?", Leya finally asks and she is completely serious. A big grin spreads across Gio's face. He puts an arm around my shoulder and then says, "I've never felt better." There is definitely something wrong with him.

"I have to go now," Leya says after 2 hours of playing FIFA. The three of us got on well and Gio fortunately didn't ask her about this interview. 

"I'll take you down," I tell her, "No, you don't have to. My mother is waiting right downstairs in the car." "But I'll still take you," I say. She and Gio say goodbye and a short time later we are standing at the front door. "That was fun today," she says with a smile. "I agree," I say. She is right. "See you around," she says, and this time she gives me a kiss on the right cheek. I suddenly don't know what to say anymore. So she just walks out the door and gets in the car.

 Back in my room, Gio is sitting on an armchair and he looks like he's about to interrogate me. "So, my friend," he starts, "do you have something to tell me?" I don't know what to say. "No?" I don't know whether that's a question or a real answer. I take a deep breath in and out and then tell him everything, because he never shuts up beforehand anyway.

"You like her," he says when I've finished. "No," I deny. "Yes.", I contradict myself. "Well, I like her, as a friend. You understand?", I try to explain to him. "Yeah it's clear. That's why you look at her like that." WHAT?

 "I look at her normally. Just like I look at every other person." "Well, if you're looking  at me like that, I'd rather not have anything more to do with you," he says with a laugh. "Bro please just shut  up okay?" "Yeah yeah. I'm leaving now too. I'll see you in training tomorrow." "Bye.", I say. 

"What, you're not even going to walk me to the door?" he says, playfully disappointed. I open my room door and push him out. "Fuck off now." As I close my door again, I can still hear him laughing, but then that too disappears.