8

Jude's pov:

It's the next day and today I have training again. We have an important game next week on Tuesday against Manchester City in the Champions League semi-finals, so we will train hard.

I'm driving with Gio and Youssoufa right now. Gio and I always take turns driving because Youssoufa doesn't have a licence yet.

When we get there, most of the people are already waiting for us, but luckily our coach is very relaxed about it, as long as our performance stays the same.

"Good morning," the others greet us. "Good morning," the other two greet us back. I stay quiet as I am not really a morning person. If someone speaks to me before 11am, they either get a silly look or I ignore them. Everyone in this team actually knows that, which is why they usually leave me alone.

We start training and a little later we do a group exercise. I am in a group with Gio, Erling, Julian, Youssoufa and Axel. We play the ball back and forth until Gio asks me something in front of everyone:

"Did you write her again after yesterday? The whole group looks at me. I have no idea what to say now. "Shut up," I finally say.

"A girl, who is it? Why didn't you tell us about her?" Erling asks me. Gio has put me in this situation now and I will never get out of it.

"There's no one," I lie, perhaps to escape the situation after all. "He's lying. She was with him yesterday and he looks at her as if they are already standing together at the Altha," Gio says again. Why can't he keep his mouth shut for once? "Gio? Now shut the fuck up." The others all start laughing. Did I miss something? Or say something funny? "Show us a picture later," Julian says. Haha. No way.

"Eyy. Have you heard? Jude has a girlfriend now!", Erling shouts all over the place. Everyone turns to me.

"Okay. We'll take a quick drink break." says our coach. Today is the worst day of my life.

For the next 5 minutes, I am pestered with questions. "Now show us a photo." "Okay, okay." I take my phone and look up a photo from her Insta account.

" I take my phone and look up a photo from her Insta account

"That's her. But she actually has curly hair. It makes her look even more beautiful." I show them the photo and then stare at it unnoticed for a few seconds.

"Oh God. He's in love," Marco says. "No, I'm not. I don't even really know her."

"Okay, if you just want to be friends with her, then you can give me...", "No.", I interrupt Gio. I scowl at him. I don't know what he was going to say but, "say something like that again and...", "chill, bro. I just wanted to see how you'd react."

Everyone has to start laughing and I just walk past them to continue training. We train for another 2 hours and then we go back home.

At home, my mother and Sandra are sitting in our kitchen. "Hey, Mum. I'm back." I also greet our guest.

"How was your training today?" my mother asks me as I make myself a glass of water. "Exhausting.", I say as I take a sip. The two of them continue their conversation.

"Like I said.I'm taking Leya out of school next week because I have some things to do in London and I could really need her," Sandra says. "Yes, I can understand that. Jude is also flying to England next week for his Champions League match. And I will probably fly too and visit my husband and son after the game. When do you want to fly?" my mother asks her.

"I think on Thursday. She won't be in school for over a week, but that doesn't matter."

"You probably won't believe me but I've never been to London in all the years I've lived in England." "You can't be serious, can you? But I just had an idea. Why don't you fly with us already? Then you can spend a few days in London with me and Leya and then you go on to Manchester."

"That sounds like a good idea. But how do you know the game is in Manchester?" "My daughter has told me about 20 times." Wait. Leya tells her mother about my games?

"What are you saying Jude? Can you do it on your own?" my mother asks me. "Of course, I'm not six anymore," I reply.

"Yes, you're right. Sandra. I'll fly with you." "Great. I'll pick you up here at 8 o'clock then. The flight leaves at 10."

The two say goodbye and shortly afterwards it's just the two of us in the kitchen.

"I'm glad you've made such a good friend here," I say to my mother. "Me too." She gives me a kiss on the forehead and then disappears. I have no idea why she is still giving me kisses.