49

"Where are you coming from?", Jobe asks when we come back into the house.

I look at Jude and he looks at me. I definitely wasn't expecting him at 5 o'clock in the morning in the kitchen. And neither does Jude.

"What are you doing here at 5am?", Jude asks him back.

"I told you that I have to leave early in the morning but don't try to distract from what I just asked you", he says and looks expecting at us.

It's silent.

"Hello? Why are you two awake? And why were you outside?", he asks again a bit annoyed.

"We've heard something from outside so we just went out to see what it was", I say lying.

I don't know if Jude wants them already to know that we are engaged.

"And what was there?", he asks definitely not believing me.

"Eh... there was a hedgehog", I answer him and he just laughs.

"You're not a good liar. Hedgehogs hibernate", he says.

That's embarrassing.

I touch my forehead. "Ah yes. Then it was something else what is similar to a hedgehog", I say again.

Jobe looks back and forth between Jude and me until his eyes suddenly widen.

He was just about to say something else but it seems like his words a stuck in his throat.

Why is he acting so weird now?

"You are engaged", he says still looking at us in shook.

How does he know?

"Oh my God. You two are engaged", he repeats almost shouting now.

"Shut up Jobe. Don't wake mom and dad", Jude says hitting him softly.

"You are engaged", he repeats again still as loud as before.

"Yes", Jude says.

"I'm going to be an uncle", he yells.

Oh Lord.

"Who's gonna be an uncle?", Denise asks when she comes into the kitchen.

"No one. Jobe is dreaming", Jude answers her.

"No. I'm gonna be an uncle", he says to his mother. And now she looks at me and Jude.

"Are you pregnant?", she asks suddenly coming to me. She already has tears in her eyes.

"No I'm not", I say and then see a bit of disappointment in her expression.

"But they are engaged that means that I'm gonna be an uncle", he still says.

"Jobe you are an asshole", Jude says looking serious in his direction.

"You're not going to be an uncle. Not yet. What you mean is brother in law. You're going te be Leyas brother in law", Jude says.

"That's the same", Jobe says and looks at his mother.

"My son is going to marry Leya", she says smiling through her tears.

Yeah I don't think Jude wanted them to find out like that.

"Mom, Jobe please calm down. We are going to marry and we didn't want you to find out that way", Jude says a bit annoyed.

Two hours later we lying in bed again.

"That was interesting", I say and smile.

"That's how you can put it, too", he says hugging me.

"I love you", he says and closes his eyes.

"I love you too", I whisper and close my eyes too.

When I wake up again it's already 2pm. I pack all my things together because I have to be in London again this evening.

When I'm done packing and ready to leave I wake Jude up.

"Jude I have to go now. We'll see each other again soon", I say and smile at him.

"Wait. I'll bring you to your new car", he says and stands up.

I say goodbye to Mark and Denise and then go outside with Jude.

"I want to say Thank you again for...", I start.

"Please don't thank us again. You're always welcome here and you are a part of the family now, too", he says smiling and hugging me.

"When will we see each other again?", I ask and look up to him.

"I don't know yet. But I'll call you everyday, I promise", he says and looks me in my eyes.

If we stand like this, I wish I would never have to let him go again.

"I'm gonna miss you", I say.

"I'm gonna miss you too", he says, takes my face in his hands and kisses my forehead.