9

Leya's pov:

Shortly after my mother came home from Denise's on Tuesday, she told me that we were flying to London and that Denise was coming with us.

I am excited to come home again. I've never been away from London for so long and I'm starting to miss it. Dortmund is nice too, but nothing compared to London.

Maybe I'll manage to meet Ella, although she hasn't contacted me since we spoke.

We are sitting in the car to pick up Denise. I'm still half asleep and I just put on some jumper and sweatpants because it's kind of cold today and if it's already cold here, it's even colder in London. My hair is not done and I don't have any make-up on.

We are just pulling back into the driveway and afterwards my mother stops in front of the house. "We're a bit early. Will you go and ring the doorbell, maybe she's ready already," my mother says.

Without saying anything else, I get out of the car and ring the doorbell. I'm not really a morning person. I prefer to sleep half the day. When I try to explain this to someone, they never understand why I like it. They say "it's much better if you get up at 8 in the morning and then have a long structured day." I don't see it that way. I just sit at home all day anyway, watching Netflix or football. And then I can sleep late so the day isn't so boring.

After a few seconds the door opens, but it's not Denise but Jude standing in front of the door.

"Hey. What are you doing here so early?" he asks me. "I wanted to let your mother know that we're already here." "Ah, that's right, you're flying today." Only now do I see that he is already wearing training clothes.

"Do you have training now?" I ask him. "Yes. I should be picked up any minute." "Oh God." "What?" he asks. "Just the fact that I'd be training at eight o'clock would be a reason for me to stop." He has to laugh. "I see. We're the same on that point. I've asked our coach before if we can't do the training later but he says something about a bird and a worm." I have to laugh a little.

"I'll see how far along my mother is. I'll be right back," he says and disappears into the house.

At that moment another big black car pulls into the driveway and stops shortly afterwards. They must be his teammates. Three people get out. One is Gio, whom I have already met, the other is Youssoufa Moukoko and Erling Haaland.

Oh no, this could be unpleasant. They come straight towards me and stop next to me in front of the open front door. They look at me with a grin and finally at Jude, who is just coming back.

What is going on here? "Why are there three of you today?" Jude asks nervously, "My car is in the workshop. I asked Gio if he could pick me up." He nods understandably and stops, leaning against the doorframe.

"You must be Leya, right? Jude has already told us quite a lot," Erling finally says. Did I just hear that right? "Um yes I am Leya." He grins again and turns to Jude, who is currently killing him with his looks.

The latter turns to me and quickly tries to divert from the subject. "Leya my mother should be ready any second. I have to go now. Bye." He smiles at me.

"Wow, he said a whole sentence this early in the morning?" asks Youssoufa in shock. "I've never seen that before," Erling adds.

They say goodbye to me and Jude shoos them towards the car. You can hear the three of them laughing. "You fucking assholes.", Jude says. Now I have to laugh too. "Good luck at your game on Tuesday," I call out to them. They thank me, then finally get into the car and drive away.