23

A few days have passed. I'm feeling a bit better, thanks in large part to Jude. He made me feel that I am good enough and that I shouldn't compare myself to others.

 At the beginning it didn't really work, especially here, where really one girl is more beautiful than the other. 

But when there is someone who loves you, who takes your mind off the bad things and laughs with you, then at some point you forget the things that once made you feel bad.

 Okay. I wouldn't say that I forgot everything, but I would say that those things are no longer there to destroy me.

"Are you coming?", Jude asks me as he walks into my room.

 Today is our last day on the boat before we move to a hotel and spend the rest of the holiday there. 

"Yes. I'm ready," I say as I take one last look in the mirror. 

"You look beautiful.", he says as he leans against the door frame and watches me.

 "Aren't you going to tell me where we're going?", I ask him with my puppy dog eyes. 

Most of the time it works, but not on this one. He remains stubborn and just tells me every time that it's a surprise and if he tells me, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.

 "It is a surprise. If I tell you, then..." he starts. "Yes, I know. But let's go now, please. I don't want to wait anymore."

He takes my hand and leads me off the boat in the direction of a small wood. The sky is already a little dusky, which is why you can almost no longer see anything in this forest.

So I certainly wouldn't walk here alone. Who knows what kind of animals there are here.

"Is everything OK?" he asks me as he stops for a moment.

He must have noticed that my grip has become tighter and tighter.

"Yes. I just think it's a bit, um, creepy here," I say as I try to make out anything in this forest.

"You don't have to be scared. Nothing will happen to you here and besides, we'll be there soon anyway," he says as he pulls me a little behind him.

When I see bright lights at the end of the forest, I automatically walk faster and faster.

This must be the exit and behind it is somewhere where Jude is leading me.

As we stand there, I look speechlessly at the landscape in front of me.

It is a very small fishing village with old stone houses and an old harbour.

The sky, which glows in pink, red and orange colours, is reflected in the water.

I don't think I have ever seen anything more beautiful in my life.

Jude doesn't stop, however, but continues walking into the fishing village.

I follow him and take a good look at everything.

"Come on, we're almost there," he says as he turns a corner.