19

a bit after we have arrived and everyone has gone to their own cabin, Denise can suddenly be heard shouting something from the boat.

I go out of the cabin, as does Emma at the same moment. She then looks me up and down once and then walks past me.

I take a deep breath in and out. How am I supposed to put up with her every day for two weeks?

When I get to the deck, I see that the other two have arrived.

Emma has just hugged Jobe and tells him what a great brother he has.

Jobe just rolls his eyes and I have to laugh a little at the sight.

"Hey. I'm Mark, nice to meet you," a voice suddenly says next to me.

When I turn around, he holds out his hand and I take it with a friendly smile. "I'm Leya." Just as he was about to say something else, Emma comes running towards Mark with a shrill scream and open arms.

I just roll my eyes and turn away from them. I really can't understand why everyone likes her.

 She is so fake.

I look around a bit, having hardly looked at the boat yet.

After getting lost 5 times and asking the captain where I can get to the front, I'm now sitting here alone, letting the wind blow around my nose and looking down at the glittering water.

It's really beautiful here, at least the landscape and the towns I've seen so far. You can argue about the people.

Just then, someone sits down next to me. I quickly look up, only to see Jobe's face.

"You don't like her, do you?" he asks as we both look out over the water. "No. How do you know?", I ask him. I don't want everyone to think I have no reason not to like her, because I do. "I don't think it's that hard not to like her," he says. "Why is that?" I ask him back. "She's with Jude. Everyone knows he loves someone else. So does she. She's only with him because she wants followers and so she can tell her friends that she used to date a famous football player."

"I don't know. I don't want to talk bad about her. I don't even know how she is in private.If Jude is with her, I'm sure it will be for a good reason. And as long as they're happy, it's all good," I say, a little sadder than before.

For a few minutes we just sit there in silence and listen to the sound of the sea. Every now and then we hear a squeak from Emma.

"You know he only ever talked about you?", Jobe suddenly breaks the silence. I don't believe him. "No," I answer him.

"Well, now you know," he says as he slowly gets up and walks away. i think he has noticed that i would rather be alone now.

i don't know how long i actually sit there, just staring at the water, because when i come back to reality, it's already a bit dusky and Jude is coming towards me.