22

Leya's pov:

"Let's go. The others are probably already waiting," Jude finally says as he wakes me up from my half-sleep.

I slowly get up and get used to the bright light again.

Did I dream all that just now? Or did it all really happen?

I look at him and he at me.

Does he look angry? No.

"Is everything OK?" he asks me worriedly.

"Yes everything is fine. I was just wondering if this is all real or if I dreamed it."

"It was real. Unless I had the same dream. Which I don't think it was because I wasn't asleep."

I just smile a little and we walk all the way back down together.

Just before we get back to our boat, it occurs to me that I haven't slept all night and that I very likely look a mess.

"Jude stop. How do I look?" I ask him as I stop.

He just looks at me for several seconds.

"You look pretty. But you always look that way."

Great. That was definitely not much help.

He probably would have said the same thing if I was dressed in a rubbish bag and hadn't showered in three months.

I just shake my head and walk ahead.

After we enter the boat, our mothers immediately come rushing towards us, ala if they were just waiting for us to come back.

"Where have you been all night? We were worried sick," my mother says as she takes me in her arms and strokes my head.

"Um... I got a bit lost and then Jude came and bract me back," I say quickly.

After all, no one needs to know what all happened up there. It was just between me and him.

"Thanks Jude. You're a sweetheart," my mother says as she gives him a hug too.

"Where is Emma?", I ask them both.

Even though I didn't like her that much, I owe her an apology. After all, I didn't treat her very kindly either.

"She's already left," Denise replies as she looks back and forth between me and Jude, grinning a little.