17

When we let Gio out again and are back at Jude's, my mother and Denise are sitting in the living room having a glass of wine.

When they notice us, they turn to watch us as we walk into the room.

"Good thing you two are just coming. We have something to tell you," my mother says and Jude and I give each other a few confused looks.

After we sit down, side by side, on the couch, opposite the two of them, the two of them put their glasses on the table.

"You make me nervous. What do you have to tell us?" Jude asks, and he really is nervous. You can hear it in his voice.

"Nothing bad. We've just decided that we're going on holiday together during the summer holidays, when Jude's season is over. That's only four weeks away too and it's already booked," my mother says enthusiastically.

Okay, I have no problem with holidays. I think I would go on holiday with anyone, no matter who it is. The main thing is that it's nice there.

"Where are we going?" I ask excitedly. "To Croatia. There are supposed to be very beautiful beaches and cities there. We're going by boat across the sea for two weeks and then we'll spend a few more days in a city in a hotel." "okay," Jude finally says.

 I've never really been on holiday. Just a few days here or there now and then. But never really gone for long.

"Jude, your father and Jobe are coming too," Denise says to her son, who nods in agreement.Our two mothers are engrossed in conversation again and we just sit there and do nothing.

After a while, Jude stands up and makes a head movement towards the stairs. I just nod and hope that he meant that I go up with him. If not, it's embarrassing because I'm already up and on my way.

But when, after I have entered his room, he still says nothing, I assume I have understood correctly.

I immediately lie down on his bed to bug him a bit. He hates it when someone, in street clothes, lies down on his bed.

"Hey. Get up right now. Put on something else first.", he says. "I don't have anything else.", I say a bit annoyed. "What about your T-shirt from earlier?" he asks as he walks to his wardrobe. "It's in your car. And I'm certainly not getting up to get it now. If you want to do that," I tell him and he just rolls his eyes.

"I'm going to take a shower," he says, turns around and disappears into the bathroom.Should I change my clothes or not? I have to say, sometimes I really don't understand this boy. But never mind.

I get up and go to his wardrobe. I just take something from him. These jeans are already uncomfortable.

After searching for a while, I find a pair of sweatpants and a white T-shirt, which I put on right away, before he's finished.