Port Angeles, Washington

"Wheels down in 10, guys." Tony Stark's voice rang out from the cockpit of the quinjet as Clint Barton flicked some buttons beside him.

Steve Rogers stood up and grabbed one of the handles on the roof of the aircraft and he began to speak, "Okay we all know the plan, but since this is one of our own I'm gonna go over it once more." The rest of the team nodded, they knew how important this was.

"So Wanda, Clint and Sam, you take out all the guards outside the facility whilst Natasha, Tony, Bucky and I go inside. Natasha and I will go find Hill, Tony and Bucky, go find any information on these guys you can. Bruce, you stay here and protect the jet, we want to avoid using the Hulk for this mission but you'll be here as back up just in case." Banner nodded, he knew the Hulk would put the mission at risk and didn't want to mess things up.

"Vision", Cap carried on, "You'll be air support, see if you can find their base of operations but mainly focus on helping the ground team with the foot soldiers."

Tony yelled for the front of the quinjet, "Two minutes, gang!"

Steve looked around at the team, making sure that all of them were in the right frame of mind to save their friend from the HYDRA agents who kidnapped her 5 days ago. Nat met his glance and nodded her head to check on him, they'd known Maria the longest and knew that if they failed then she would be taken over the border and they may never get a shot at getting her back again.

All the Avengers stood up as the aircraft touched down in the woods. Clint grabbed his bow and slung his sheath of arrows over his shoulder. Tony gave control to Bruce before activating his suit. The door opened and Steve ran out closely followed by Bucky as they wove through the trees towards the location of the HYDRA base. The rest of the team followed with Sam, Vision and Tony flying above the tree line. The super soldiers were met with a group of 7 soldiers dressed in grey camouflage. They took out a few with ease but Hawkeye was there to shoot a few of them off from behind. As the tree line disappeared they were met with a giant, grey stone brick base.

Whilst the others battled their way through the hundreds of guards surrounding the base, Steve, Nat and Bucky ran through the entrance before meeting up with Tony who was standing fighting off groups of soldiers that came running through the corridor. Natasha sent bullets flying at guards coming on their left; Bucky fighting some on the right while Steve was throwing punches at one behind Tony. When all the guards stopped coming at them for the meantime, they split off into their separate teams.

Natasha smiled at Steve "See you in a minute."

Steve and Bucky ran down the right corridor and headed up a flight of stairs before being faced with a group of armed men. Cap sent his shield flying around the room taking all 5 of them out as it flew back to his arm and he attached it to his back.

"Show off" Bucky sniggered, running into one of the rooms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Unleash subject 04" a voice said from one of the rooms at the top of the base.

A HYDRA soldier ran down the hall and was faced with a white steel door. He took out his keys and selected a long silver one before pushing it into the lock and undoing a long metal bolt. On hearing this, Subject 04 stood up and put her hands onto the back of her head. The soldier stepped into the room and faced the girl.

"солдат?" The man spoke.  (Soldier?)"готов подчиниться" Subject 04 replied with a blank expression (Ready to comply)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Natasha and Tony had fought off several groups of guards and were running towards a room with a large red steel door. Tony blasted the lock off and kicked it open to reveal 4 guards wearing burgundy berets and holding high powered guns. Natasha stood behind Tony as she shot one of them in the chest. Tony took out one but was hit with a high powered blast from one of the other soldiers weapon that sent him flying into the wall. By an inch, Nat ducked out of the way and blasted the guard with one of her widow bites which sent the guard to the ground. The last guard poked his gun out of the doorway and she kicked it out of his hand before tackling him down the ground and hitting him in the nose. Tony rose from the hallway and walked back into the room as Natasha got off of the man, who was now unconscious. they spotted Maria on the other side of the room, tied to a metal chair with rusted handcuffs. She looked fragile; her skin was dirty and had a gash across her forehead that had dried blood around the outside. Nat crouched down to unfasten the cuffs while Tony stood guard.

"Romanoff?" Hill coughed weakly, her eyelids hardly open.

"Hey Hill, you ready to get out of her?" she smiled as the woman nodded with a tired smile painfully pressed on her face.

Natasha stood the woman up and supported her on her arm as Tony walked forward out of the room cautiously.

"Err hey guys?", Bucky's voice came over the coms, "we have a problem up here."

Steve sent punches flying at the small figure that darted around the room and disappeared again. She reappeared and hit him in the back sending him to the ground. Bucky turned around to hit her, but she dodged it and vanished again. She kicked him in the side and hit Steve again who was now just rising from the floor.

"We have enhanced in the field" Steve spoke through the coms, rising from the floor for a second time before narrowly missing the kick he was about to launch on the small soldier.

She pulled a small knife from the side of her white suit and stared down Bucky who took a careful step backwards. The enhanced launched herself at him but Steve threw his shield at her knocking her over. She lay on the floor, gradually pushing herself up and grabbing her knife that lay beside her on the floor.

Subject 04 went invisible and came up behind Steve. She plunged her blade into his back before revealing herself again, but Bucky spotted her and hit her across the face. She was thrown across the small room and laid on the ground unconscious. Her mask had fallen of and laid cast aside on the ground. Bucky removed the knife from his friend and threw it away. Steve walked over to the girl and saw her face. She must've been a teenager. Her blonde hair slightly covered her dirtied face.

"We're bringing the enhanced back to the jet" Steve informed the team before bending down to pick up the small girl.