Project Enlightenment

They all looked at her expecting her to go into more detail, even Natasha and Bucky had no idea what she was talking about.

Ana continued, "Well, I am a HYDRA agent, but I'm not at the same time. I was apart of something different, an organisation set up by HYDRA and the Red Room."

Natasha looked at her wonderingly. Was this where she was taken to after they got to Cuba?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Alexei touched the plane down on the runway in Cuba. Yelena stroked her twin sister's hair, as Ana's scared eyes looked up at her weakly for her lap. Alexei got out of the aircraft and ran around to the other door to grab Melina, who he carried over to a team of soldier's with a stretcher. He came back for Ana, cradling her in his eyes; Natasha and Yelena exited the other side. The super soldier took his daughter and put her on the other stretcher next to Melina, before walking over to go greet Dreykov.

Natasha hugged her mother before a soldier pushed her off. Yelena crouched down to her younger sister, nestling her face in her sibling's shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay, Ana. You're pain only makes you stronger, remember."  Yelena said through tears.

Another soldier pushed Yelena away from her sister and bent over Ana. He checked her bullet wound before sticking a needle in her neck. Ana closed her eyes and the darkness took over.

Ana woke up with a jolt, but couldn't move much. She was strapped to a cool, metal surface. Her hearing came back and she could faintly hear the sound of beeping machinery. She turned her head as much as she could to the right to see two people dressed in all white next to a metal tray with numerous shining instruments. A man with piercing blue eyes and a long scar across the bridge of his nose looked down upon her.

"Try to relax." he spoke, smiling nastily.

He walked away from her but she continued to hear his voice.

"Subject 04, ready for experimentation." his voice boomed, "The subject is a female, aged 6 and of Russian descent. Beginning transference of the super soldier serum first."

Ana heard a few buttons being pressed and machinery moving next to her. Suddenly, six needle pierced her skin. The girl screamed in pain and tried to move but failed. A metal box closed around her. Her skin ignited. A blood curdling scream released from her small mouth and tear streamed down her cheeks. The metal box reopened and the pain stopped.

The man came into view again, "Subject has successfully taken the serum." He smiled.

"Okay, now beginning stage 2. Injecting subject 04 with the formula." Ana felt fire causing through her veins as the scarlet liquid entered her bloodstream.

Ana screamed out again and trashed around, this time, breaking the restraints. Four bodies dove on top of her, attempting to pin her down as the rest of the fluid entered her. As the last drop coursed through the needle, Ana flung all the people off of her and stood up. She hit three of the men running towards her, knocking them unconscious. The man with blue eyes exited the steel cage they were in and admired Ana fighting the rest of the guards.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha stared at the girl next to her, not knowing what to say. She had only recently discovered that the Red Room was still operating and had just destroyed it, but to think they were working wit HYDRA made her shiver.

Ana carried on, even though everyone looked at her dumbfounded, "That's where I've been since 1995, when we escaped to Cuba." she nodded towards Natasha.

"So, how come you are still a kid then if you were alive in 1995?" Sam asked.

"Actually, I was born in 1989, but right now I'm 17 years old." Ana said looking at him. "In 2006, HYDRA cryogenically froze me because I was drawing too much attention to myself. Then a few days ago, I woke up and was at that place we were at earlier."

Bucky looked down, remembering every time her was frozen by HYDRA.

"Can I ask a question?" Ana said.

Natasha responded, "Sure thing, ask anything."

Ana glanced around the room, "Who exactly are you all?"

Peter spoke up now, "We're the Avengers."

The door bell rang and F.R.I.D.A.Y spoke to everyone. "The pizza has arrived." Ana looked up to locate where the Irish voice was coming from.

"Don't worry, that's just F.R.I.D.A.Y" Peter chuckled.

Tony left the room to go collect the pizza. Steve made his way over to the island where everyone else was from the sofa.

"Well, I'm Steve. You know Nat. Wanda is the brunette with the magic. Bucky is the one with the metal arm. Bruce in the purple shirt. Vision is the red and green one. Peter is eating doritos even though we're about to eat dinner. Clint is the one in the plaid shirt. Sam is the guy who asked you why you're a kid."

Tony re-entered the room carrying 5 flat boxes. He put them down in the middle of the island and everyone began to dive in.

"And that's Tony." Steve finished.

Wanda came and sat next to Ana, and pulled a box round to their side of the counter. She opened the lid and grabbed herself a slice. Ana stared at her as she munched down on the food.

The girl watched everyone eat a slice cautiously. "You can take a slice too, Ana" Natasha smiled.

Ana copied what everyone else was doing and too a bite. She had never tasted anything this good before. The cheese coated the inside of her mouth; she took another bite of the pepperoni and a salty taste entered her mouth. This was amazing. The girl finished her piece rapidly, realising that she was starving. Everyone looked at her amazed and she scanned the room thinking she had done something wrong.

"Sorry." she said and looked down at her lap.

"No, no it's fine. We've just never seen someone eat something so fast." Steve said on behalf of the whole group.

Wanda moved the pizza box closer to the girl and said, "Eat as much as you want."