Attack on the White House

Ana met Wanda in the gym half an hour later. The woman was sat on the bench scrolling through her phone. 

"Hey. Sorry I'm late. I had to find someone to take care of Arnold." the girl smiled awkwardly.

Wanda rose from her seat, "No problem. I was just looking at the news."

"Any new sightings of Loki?" Ana asked as they climbed into the ring.

Wanda shook her head, "Not since he killed the Secretary of State."

"Ross is dead?" Ana smiled.

The woman laughed, "You could at least pretend to be upset."

"Why would I? He was a dick." Ana chuckled. 

"Alright, enough talking. Show me what you've got." Wanda got into a fighting stance. 

Ana tilted her head slightly and turned herself invisible. She watched Wanda scan the room for her before settling her eyes in the girl's direction. Ana took a deep breath and ran toward her. Just as she was about to land a kick in Wanda's chest, the girl found herself immobilised. She tried to free herself from the tightening grip but gave up quickly and was slammed to the floor. Ana flicking into view and was released by the magic. 

"How did you see me?" Ana questioned. 

Wanda outstretched her hand to Ana, "I followed your thoughts."

Ana hopped up and sighed. 

"Okay this time, try and conceal your thoughts as well." Wanda prepared herself.

Ana closed her eyes and attempted to settle her mind. Once again she disappeared from view and ran to attack her opposition. This time she managed to sweep Wanda's legs, knocking her on the mat and pining her down with her body weight. Ana turned visible again; a smirk printed all over her face. 

Wanda smiled, "That's it. You completely disappeared that time."

Wanda got up from the floor and was about to attack Ana when her phone bleeped from the bench. She brought it towards her with her magic and saw it was Steve calling. 

"What's wrong Steve?" she asked.

Ana looked at her as her face dropped and she listened intently to the man. 

"I'll be right there." she hung up the phone and collected her things.

Ana strode after her, "What's going on?"

"There's been another attack. Loki's army is currently in DC. Steve think's they're going after the president now." she sped down the hallway and Ana jogged to keep up with her.

"What can I do to help?" Ana asked as they turned into Mission Control.

They both walked into the main office where everyone was standing, waiting for the brief. Fury stood at the front of the room. 

"Ana, leave the room." Nick said with his arms folded. 

Everyone's attention turned to the girl as they waited for her to exit. Ana looked at each of them; confused.

"No. I'm going too." she stood her ground. 

Fury shook his head and sighed, "You haven't been cleared for duty yet. Now leave the room or I will have someone escort you out. We don't have time for this."

"What do you mean I haven't been cleared yet? You bought me here." Ana laughed.

Tony rolled his eyes, "You have to be psychoanalysed before you're put out into the field. You know, to check that you're not gonna kill anyone spontaneously." 

Two guards appeared behind Ana and one grabbed her arm. She span round and shook him from her grip. 

"Okay, I'm coming." she held her hands up defensively.

The door closed after them and she was walked down the corridor. She turned around to see the quinjet taking off in the distance. Maria appeared from around the corner. 

"Hey, you can watch from in here." she gestured into the room.

She stepped inside to see a large monitor with a live feed of one of the S.H.I.E.L.D agent's body cams on. One of the computer techs passed her a seat which she took gladly. Maria barked out orders and men responded to her command. 

On the camera, she could see Natasha clipping a gun to her hip whilst talking to Clint. He looked concerned and she rolled her eyes, exasperated. Bucky came into frame and blocked the view completely as he put on his leather jacket. He moved across the room to talk to Steve and Nat and Clint came back onto screen. They were locked in a tight hug, taking a moment to be in each other's  company. 

The hug was broken when someone shouted a timing from another part of the plane. Clint slung his sheath over his chest and picked his bow up from the seat. He patted the agent with he camera on the back and jumped from the aircraft. 

The man followed and they landed on the roof of the White House with 10 other soldiers. Collectively, they shot at the glistening army on the ground as Iron Man was depicted flying over them all. 

"Where is the president then?" Ana asked Maria.

She took a seat beside the girl, "He's actually in Alaska." 

"Wait what? So why are they in Washington?" the girl pointed at the screen with a puzzled expression. 

Maria folded her arms, "Well, the Asgardians don't know that, and we'd like to keep it that way."

"What if people die?" she asked.

Maria looked down, "They died for the right cause."

"But couldn't their deaths have been prevented if you didn't engage?" 

"Yes. They could've. But this is war, Ana. It doesn't always make sense." 

Ana watched the screen as bodies dropped to the floor and bullets continued firing. 

She got up from where she was seated, "I think I'm just going to go have a shower. I'll see you later, Hill." 

"Okay. See you."