Set It All Free

The small group had gathered in the kitchen. Ana and Melina entered and sat down, Melina putting the tracker down on the island and sliding it into the centre. Bruce picked it up and wiped the blood off it, before examining it.

"So they were tracking her all this time?" Bucky asked.

Bruce answered, "Most likely, yes."

Ana grew uneasy at the thought of them knowing her location at all times. Yelena sensed this and held her hand to comfort her. Ana was about to pull away but relaxed and let her sister calm her down. 

"Will they come back?" Ana looked around at everyone.

"Well when the soldiers don't return, they will probably send a bigger team to investigate or complete the mission..." Bucky's voice trailed off.

"You mean come back and take me." Ana said bluntly.

"-but we won't let them take you, okay? You're safe here." Natasha comforted.

Ana smiled and glanced at the clock on the wall; it was 3am. The rest of the team were coming home from their mission at 10am so the team had a while to themselves. Everyone started to leave the kitchen, most of them going back to sleep.

However, Natasha brought Ana to the training room. It was her favourite room in the compound, she came down here a lot. 

"When I can't sleep, I normally come down here. It helps clear my mind." Nat explained.

The pair walked over to the punching bag. Natasha opened her locker and pulled out some wrist tape. She began wrapping up her hand. Ana watched her intently.

"Wanna talk about what happened earlier?" Nat asked, tilting her head.

Ana looked down and bit the corner of her lip. 

"You don't have to if you don't want to. You can hit the bag instead?"

Natasha handed her sister the tape and Ana began wrapping her hands up, just like she saw her sister do. The red head stood behind the bag and held it so Ana could hit it.

"Show me what you got." Nat said.

Ana threw some punches, slow and precise. As she got into it the hits began to speed up and became more intense. Tears streamed down the girls faces and she landed punch after punch.

"WHY OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE DID IT HAVE TO BE ME? WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST LET ME BE A KID? I DIDN'T WANT TO BE THEIR SCIENCE PROJECT. I JUST WANTED TO BE NORMAL." Ana yelled al the bag, striking it with all her strength. 

Natasha had moved out from behind the bag and watched her little sister let all her emotions travel into her punches. The bag broke from the chains and flew into the wall opposite leaving a crack in the plasterboard. Nat embraced her sister and Ana continued to cry into her shoulder. 

"None of that was your fault, воробей. You were a helpless child that they took advantage of." Natasha stroked Ana's hair. (Sparrow)

F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s voice broke the moment and echoed throughout the room, "Mr Stark would like me to inform you that they are ahead of schedule and will be landing in 20 minutes. He would also like to say that there will be a meeting in conference room 3 in 40 minutes." 

Ana released Nat and they both removed their wraps, tossing them in the bin beside the lockers. They headed upstairs to get ready before the meeting. 

Ana stepped into her bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were all red and puffy; she was also sweating from exhausting all her energy. She decided to take a quick shower and tied her hair up into a messy bun. 

The girl stepped into the shower and turned on the water, setting it to a tepid temperature. As the water ran down her body, she traced her fingers over her branding. Ana looked down at her new scar that had formed where her tracker was taken out. It was only small and would probably fade in a few days, but she didn't mind. It was one scar that she liked; it reminded her of her freedom, even if it was only temporary. She knew Natasha assured her that they wouldn't take her back there, but she couldn't place all her trust in that knowing what these people were capable of.

She got dressed in some sweatpants and a random New Orleans' Saints hoodie she found in her wardrobe. Ana got in the elevator, and was joined by Bucky. 

"You support the Saints?" He looked confused and pointed to the logo.

Ana shook her head and chuckled, "No, I just found it in my wardrobe. I don't even know who they are."

"I guess Sam is trying to get more people to support them then. Sneaky bastard. The Giants are so much better." He laughed and rolled his eyes.

The elevator dinged and they arrived on the conference floor. Ana got out first, followed by Bucky and they headed toward the second room on their left. When they walked through the room, Sam laughed and Bucky looked at him annoyed.

"It doesn't work if they have no idea who the team are. You can't just force it upon them." Bucky said disgruntled and took a seat.

Sam shook his head and protested, "Nope, I think that's another point for me. Don't be a sore loser White Panther."

"Why don't you just show Ana a match from each team and she can decide for herself?" Steve said from nearer the head of the table.

"Good idea, let's do it tonight. You in kid?" Bucky asked her.

"Sure." Ana said.

Sam folded his arms and leaned back in his chair, "Fine, if you want a front row seat on why the Saints are better, then be my guest."

Tony entered the room with Clint and Bruce and the meeting began. 

"Okay everyone, let's get started."