'Killer'

It had been a few days since Ana had strangled Yelena. Her sister had forgiven her, but still Ana wouldn't be alone with her. The fear of something like that happening to Yelena controlled Ana.

Every two days Bruce would give the girl some more of the antidote him and Melina had made, but they were running low. Melina was still in Russia and no one knew when she was coming back. This caused everyone to be on edge ; Ana could switch back into the mindless killer at anytime. 

Ana wandered down to the gym, where she could be alone with her thoughts. Even though she loved the bustling family atmosphere of the compound, she really wanted to avoid everyone looking at her like she could break any second. She pushed the door open. Natasha was in there shooting targets. 

The girl was just about to leave but she stooped in her tracks to admire her sister. Ana was a good aim - the best at the facility - but Natasha was better. She hit the same spot on the target over and over, creating a large whole in the fabric. Every time the red head pulled the trigger, her nose scrunched up a bit, exactly like Ana's did. She shot with elegance but the ruthless assassin seeped through with every bullet. 

When all three guns were out of ammo, Nat dismantled them and placed them safely on the firing range ledge. She removed her goggles and took her hair down; letting it fall onto her shoulders. As Natasha turned around, she was startled by her sister standing in the entrance. 

"You know, not may people can sneak up on me." she smiled to herself.

Ana laughed to herself and looked down, "Must be the assassin thing then."

Nat looked sympathetically, "What are you doing down here? It's late."

"Everyone else is watching a film upstairs. I didn't want people looking at me the whole time."

Natasha gestured towards the range, "Wanna have a go?"

Ana walked up next tho her sister and put the goggles on. Natasha went over to the armoury to get some more ammo. She put it on the ledge and Ana picked up a gun. Just like a reflex, she loaded the gun and shot at the target. The only exception was this one was fabric.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ana held the cold gun in her tiny hands. She was shaking as she pointed it at the person with a bag over their head in front of her. She gulped and glanced to her right. There were two soldiers and a woman standing to her side. When she didn't shoot the men raised their weapons at her. The woman put one of the man's guns down and the other guard followed suit. 

The woman walked towards her and knelt to her height beside her. She lowered Ana's gun and the girl looked down disappointed. she sniffled as not to cry. 'Crying is only for the weak'.

"Что не так, тема 04?" the woman spoke. (What's wrong subject 04?)

Ana mumbled into her chest, "Я не хочу их убивать ..." (I don't want to kill them...)

"Почему это?" the older woman spoke softly. (Why's that?)

Ana hesitated before answering, "Я не убийца." (I'm not a killer.)

The woman stood and chuckled. She shook her head and looked down upon the child. 

"Не убийца, а? Мы посмотрим..." the woman turned around and gestured to the guards. (Not a killer huh? We will see about that...)

One of the men walked up to her and took the gun from her small grip. The other one came up behind Ana and pulled her out of the room. The soldier dragged her down a corridor, kicking and screaming. His grip just got tighter around her skinny arm.

They reached a small, pitch black room; which Ana was flung into. The heavy door slammed shut and left the girl all alone in the dark. She heard it being bolt shut on the other side. 

The child began to panic and huddled herself in the corner; tears streaming down her face. 

What felt like an eternity later, the door opened. The light that seeped through the open space was blinding. Ana shielded her vision. A large hand grabbed her from against the wall.

When she opened her eyes, she saw a guard pulling her back down the corridor, but they came into a dirty room this time. Ana was too tired to fight, so she allowed herself to be tied to a freezing metal chair. The girl slumped down; her feet not touching the floor. One of the scientists came up to her.

"Какой это день?" she asked the man. (What day is it?)

The man looked around to make sure no one was looking, "Это четверг" (It's Thursday.)

Ana had been in that room for three days without any food or water. The scientist checked her blood pressure and walked out of the room. Another person came up to her and attached two metal plates to either side of her head. They took a step beck and suddenly Ana felt like her nerves were on fire.

Every cell in her body jolted with pain. Waves of electricity coursed through her fragile frame. Then it stopped but the tingling sensation remained. The woman from the other day waltzed up to her and knelt down to meet her face.

She smiled slightly, "Ты убийца?" (Are you a killer?)

Ana shook her head weakly and the woman's face dropped. 

She stood up and barked, "снова" (Again)

The pain restarted and Ana tensed in the chair. the woman smiled with delight at her suffering. SHe pointed behind the girl and the electricity stopped.

The woman bent down and grabbed the girls face. She wiped a tear from her eye and made their eye lines meet.

The woman sighed, "Ты убийца?" (Are you a killer?)

Ana nodded slowly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ana had frozen for a while now and Natasha was worried. She shook Ana's shoulders and the barrel of the gun was thrust into her face. Ana snapped out of her trance and lowered the gun. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Nat questioned.

Ana put the gun down on the ledge and walked off, Natasha following closely behind. 

"воробей, talk to me." Natasha said. (sparrow)

Ana turned around sharply, "I saw her again."

"Saw who?"

"The woman. The woman who tortured me for say I wasn't a killer when I was had just joined." Ana pointed to her temple where the skin was slightly warped. 

"What did this woman look like?" Natasha asked curiously.

Ana shook her head and sighed, "I don't know. She had greyish hair and always wore high heels so you could here her coming."

Natasha froze. Was it the same woman she had known back in the Red Room? The one that turned her into the killer she is today?

The echoing footsteps played in her head and Ana looked at her with furrowed brows.

"You knew her too?" Ana said.

Natasha nodded and looked at her feet, "Her name was Madame B. She taught us in the Red Room how to kill, be effective soldiers."

The sisters shared the moment of fragile silence, sharing each others grief even if they didn't experience it together.