Comatose

The next morning, Shuri got to work. She ran all kinds of tests just to get the slightest reaction. It was no good. Whatever they had done to Ana really messed her up. 

"Any changes, Shuri?" Yelena asked as she sat by her sister's bedside.

The princess sighed in frustration, "No. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Physically there is nothing wrong with her. It-it's like she's given up."

"What do you mean?" Yelena questioned.

Shuri pulled up a chair opposite, "I was reading through all these coma cases and sometimes, when the person feels like they've got nothing else to live for, they just stop fighting."

Yelena looked at her sister and sighed softly. She gripped Ana's hand tighter and bought it to her face. 

"She doesn't know she's safe. She still thinks she's with Project Enlightenment." the assassin whispered.

Shuri nodded, "Yes, most likely. Sometimes in coma patients, they can hear people talking, but in this case, she's oblivious."

"What about Wanda? She can tell Ana that she's safe and so is Peter." Yelena's face lit up.

The princess considered this for a moment, "Yes, that could work."

The Russian sprinted out of the lab, heading for Wanda's room. Natasha was walking down the corridor and was body-slammed by her excited sister.

Natasha pushed Yelena off of her and got up. 

"What was that for?" she said annoyed.

Yelena hopped up too, "Wanda. Wanda can communicate with Ana and she might wake up."

She carried on her course, swiftly followed by her sister. 

Once they reached Wanda's room, the younger one banged loudly on the door. Wanda opened it confused and Yelena barged past and sat on the bed.

"We need a favour." she smiled and gestured to the bed.

Wanda sat beside her, "What's wrong?"

"We need you to communicate with Ana via telepathy." Natasha leaned against the doorway.

Wanda looked at her hands and shook her head, "No, I can't"

Yelena looked at her confused and scoffed, "What do you mean 'you can't'? Of course you can."

"I promised Ana that I would never look in her head again without her permission." Wanda said.

Yelena got up, "That's bullshit."

"Yelena." Nat said warningly. 

The blonde threw her arms in the air, "What, it is. Ana's in a coma, Wanda. I think she will be understanding that you looked in her head if it's the only thing that's going to get her out."

Wanda considered this for a moment, taking her time to look at both the sisters and contemplating the idea.

"Okay." Wanda said hesitantly.

Yelena turned to her sister and back at Wanda, "Great, let's get going."

Everyone congregated in the lab where Shuri and T'Challa were already. Wanda stood closest to Ana but Natasha was sure to stand right behind her. 

"Are you ready for this?" Nat asked to Sokovian. 

Wanda nodded and took a deep breath. She shut her eyes and placed her hands over Ana. Wisps of red flowed from her fingertips and made their way into Ana's head. 

The brunette opened her eyes to reveal herself in a dark room. There was a constant dripping noise which originated from a rusted pipe in the corner. She scanned her surroundings and saw a thin mattress and a dirtied blanked on the floor. Wanda spun around to see Ana huddled in the corned furthest from the door. 

Her knees were pulled into her chest and she was rocking slightly. The girl's eyes were fixated on the wall; she was mumbling something in Russian. Wanda kneeled in front of her and shook Ana firmly. The girl didn't snap from the trance.

"Ana?" Wanda spoke. 

She continued to mumbled the dialect and Wanda racked her brain for what to do. Then she remembered what Shuri had said to her just before she went in. 

"She doesn't know that she's safe. She's scared to wake up."

Wanda sighed, "Ana, it's okay. We're here. Yelena, Natasha, Melina, Alexei. They're all here for you. We've got you Ana. You're safe now."

Ana's eyes tore from the wall and met the woman's, "Wanda?"

She smiled and placed a hand on Ana's cheek. 

The pair opened their eyes and they were back in the lab. Everyone stood around anxiously. Then, Ana's eyes fluttered open. She was met by Natasha's embracing arms practically suffocating her. 

"Hey, Natasha." Ana whispered into her shoulder.

Nat pulled away to look her sister in the face, "Forgive me, моя маленькая сестра" (my little sister)

Clint, Sam, Bucky, Steve, T'Challa, Wanda and Shuri left the room to give the family some space. Melina hugged Wanda and thanked her on the way out. 

Ana sat up and everyone pulled up a chair. Melina let a tear fall down her cheek before wiping it away quickly. Alexei saw this and pulled her into his grasp, embracing her.

"How did I get out?" Ana asked.

---------------------------------------------

Alexei and Yelena gave  each other a small nod. Then the super-soldier kicked the door in and Yelena ran around to the vent. Whilst the guards were distracted with Alexei and the widows, Yelena snuck trough the ventilation to get to Ana. 

Once she found the lab, she pushed the grate out and hopped down. She landed in the classic Black Widow pose. 

"Ugh, that was disgusting." her whole body shook and she creeped across the room. 

There were two scientist walking out of a door that read 'restricted'. From their informant, the team had been told that that was where Ana was being kept. She ran over to them and elbowed one of them in the face and kicked the other one's legs before smashing their face into the ground. 

Then she slid the door open. Ana was laying on a table in the middle with tubes and wires sticking out of her. Yelena ran over to check on her twin. When she didn't wake up, Yelena furiously shook her limp body. 

"Dad, we have a problem?" Yelena said over comms.

The voice came through her earpiece, "What is it?" 

"Ana's unconscious and she won't wake up. We're going to have to come up with another plan to get her out." Yelena huffed. 

"Okay, I'm coming to you. We're going to have to carry her out." Alexei said as her ran for the lab.