Two Years Later

The Avengers stood in a line, united. Opposite them stood a herd of men in glistening gold armour; at the front of them, a single slender man. Steve turned to Thor, whose gaze was fixated on the middle-man, and looked him up and down to check he was in the right state to fight this battle. 

---------------------------------------------------

Thor came through the bi-frost, hammer spinning rapidly, and landed in front of a bald man. Confused Thor approached the man cautiously. Where was Heimdall?

"Who are you?" he asked the man as he twisted the golden sword back in the groove.

The man turned to him, "Thor, Odinson. You are accused of high treason and will stand trial in front of the all-father. I will accompany you back to the castle now where you will be arrested until your trial."

"You certainly will not." Thor laughed. 

The man pulled the sword from the stand and held it up to Thor's throat. The blonde swung his hammer, knocking the man out before flying off towards the palace. 

He landed at the steps to the throne room where he was met by a group of royal guards, all pointing spears at him. When the first one lunged at him, Thor sent Mjölnir into the air, striking each of them in their chests. Now getting angry, Thor marched up the steps to the golden throne. His faced dropped.

"Loki?" he gasped.

Upon the metal, sat the God of Mischief, smirking widely.

"Hello, brother." he grinned. 

More guards rushed into the throne room, but before they attacked Loki commanded them to stand down. Thor took a few more steps forward and Loki stood above him. 

Thor placed down his hammer, "What's going on, brother?"

"Really? You can't remember your own crimes?" Loki said disappointed but a grin glinted in his eyes.

"You don't remember how you tried to kill the all-father in his sleep? Poor father had to fight you off using the last of his power to save himself. The trauma sent him into a coma, but you wouldn't know that because you went and hid like a coward." Loki got closer.

Thor shook his head, "What are you talking about? I've been on Midgard helping their people."

Loki turned to got sit back down, "Ahh, Midgard. That's where you have been hiding all this time."

With anger, Thor grabbed Loki's shoulder which provoked some of the guards to attack him. One of them stabbed him in the stomach. A bolt of lightning went flying into the man which knocked him across the room. 

"YOU SEE WHAT THIS MAN DOES? HE'S TOO VIOLENT TO BE IN ASGARD. ARREST HIM IMMEDIATELY." Loki's voiced echoed to all of the castle. 

More parades of soldier came running into the room, prepared for attack. Thor shook his head and picked up Mjölnir. Instead of attacking though, he flew out of the room and out of sight.

"After him." Loki commanded.

Thor placed the sword back into the slot and turned it, creating a portal to Earth. He hopped in and as he was about to be sucked through, he sent a bolt of lightning from his hammer, shattering the bi-frost. The portal closed and he traveled along the rainbow stripes until he was put down in a desert. 

---------------------------------------------------

"Thor Odinson. By escaping prosecution on Asgard by coming to Midgard, Asgard hear-by declares war over Midgard. May the all-father have mercy on your world." Loki's voiced boomed over the empty plain. 

Loki thrust his spear into the air and a roar emerged from the crowd. With that, hundreds of gold-plated men charged at the Avenger. 

War broke out, Tony, Wanda, vision, Rhodey and Sam all taking to the air, whilst the others fought from the ground. Shots were fired at the Asgardians, taking most of them out, until they focused their fire power on the aerial attacks. A spear was sent into one of Sam's wings sending him to the ground in a spiral, but Vision caught him before he landed. 

Wanda did all the real damage within the team, taking out large groups at a time. Thor however was only focused on Loki. 

"Was this your plan? Did you do all this just to conquer Midgard?" Thor shouted as he punched Loki's jaw.

Loki got to his feet, "I never wanted to conquer Midgard. All I wanted was to prove to father that I was better than you."

Loki hit Thor in the stomach and kicked him to the ground, "And when I take rule over Midgard, I will have his respect. If i kill you in the process then that's just bad luck."

Just as Loki was about to plunge his spear into Thor's chest, the God of Thunder threw it to the side, toppling Loki over. He clouded the skies and sent thunder ripping into Loki. 

Thor walked over to check that Loki was dead, but as he did a sharp pain hit him in the back. He looked down to see blood pooling beneath his armour and the tip of a silver blade sticking from his abdomen. It was removed with a sharp pull and Thor dropped to his knees. Loki stood in front of him as the body in the dirt dissipated into green. 

"Brother, you always did fall for my tricks." he held Thor's head.

"Loki..." Thor gasped.

The life faded slowly from Thor's eye and his face slowly turned pale. Loki laid him on the ground and stood over his body. A pair of eyes stared back up at him but this time, Thor wasn't behind them.