'Alive'

Alexei placed Ana gently down on one of the medical beds and Melina stuck a heartbeat monitor to her. The steady beeping rhythm of the machine assured everyone in the room. Natasha grabbed Ana's hand and a tear fell down her cheek. 

"Why isn't she awake?" Steve asked. 

Alexei shook his head, "I don't know, we found her like this."

"Her body is probably trying to protect itself. But I don't know what from." Melina tok the girl's blood pressure. 

Natasha whispered into the girl's hand, "What did they do to you?"

Yelena placed her hand on Nat's shoulder and sighed. Melina got a needle to attach and IV to Ana's arm. The woman turned to push the needle through her skin. As soon as she made contact, a surge of purple energy emitted from Ana's body. Everyone close enough flew back against the walls. 

Natasha coughed and stood up to evaluate the damage. Yelena hopped up shortly after in shock. Melina groaned in pain at the side of the lab. She had the needle stuck in her stomach; she proceeded to remove it and hold a small gauze onto the wound. 

"What was that?" Yelena asked. 

Alexei gave Melina a hand up and she said, "I'm not sure, but if this is going to happen every time her body feels threatened then I can't get her out of the coma. I just don't have the technology."

Steve cleared his throat and they all turned to look his way, "I think I might know someone who does."

-------------------------------------------------

The Quinjet touched down on the tarmac. Steve got out first and Alexei picked Ana up off the seats. The back hatch opened and the team walked out. A floating gurney appeared and the man placed Ana onto it. 

"Take good care of her." he said to two people who took her away.

"Your Majesty." Steve nodded.

T'Challa outstretched his hand and Steve took it, "How are you, my friend?" 

"I'm okay. Thank you for doing this." Steve gave a smile and nodded to Shuri who was standing behind him. 

"Of course." the princess said and walked into the palace after Ana.

Natasha and Yelena greeted the King, followed by Melina and Alexei. T'Challa took them into the palace. 

"All of you are welcome to stay in Wakanda for as long as you like." T'Challa said as they began to tuck into the feast. 

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Natasha spoke. 

He spoke with a smile, "Please, call me T'Challa."

"So, how do you plan on waking Ana?" Melina questioned.

T'Challa laughed, "Your question is better directed at my sister. She's the scientist of the family. But what I do know is that our technology is far more advanced so I'm sure we'll find a way."

After everyone had eaten their fill of the banquet, members of the palace staff showed each one of them to their room. Natasha however, went to the lab. She found Ana on a table and Shuri looking at several different scans. 

"Have you found anything?" Natasha asked.

Shuri jumped and turned around quickly, "Don't scare me like that, coloniser."

Natasha laughed and apologised. 

"From all the scans I've done so far her body seems fine. But from this one," she swiped to bring up another scan, "You can see a field of electricity protecting her from any interference with the outside world. So when Melina tried to stick her with a needle, the field reacted."

Natasha tilted her head, "So it's electricity?" 

Shuri shook her head, "Kind of. It looks more like its living, adapting. But the readings I'm getting are those of electrical impulses."

"They tried to give her more powers, didn't they?" Nat sighed.

Shuri looked at her guiltily, "Yes. And if it's electricity protecting her, then they probably used electroshock therapy on her too. That's what created the field."

"They were gonna erase her memory." a voice said from behind them. 

It was Bucky. He took a few steps forward and looked at Ana on the table. As he expected, she had scarring on her temples; almost identical to his. 

"Couldn't sleep either?" Natasha asked him.

He chuckled, "Don't you know it."

Shuri cleared her throat and they looked at her, "Well, I'm going to bed."

The pair nodded in sync and Shuri walked out of the door. 

She popped her head back in, "Please don't have sex in my lab. I had to have the whole room disinfected when T'Challa and Nikita did it in hear and I really don't want to go through that again."

Both of them turned bright red and looked around awkwardly. Shuri left proud.

"She's something else, right?" Bucky laughed nervously. 

Natasha did the same, "Yeah she really is." 

There was a moment of uncomfortable silence.

Bucky broke it by saying, "Well, I'm gonna go for a walk. The city is really pretty at night."

"Okay, I'm gonna stay her with Ana." Natasha spoke.

Buck smiled, "Try get some sleep, Natasha. You look exhausted." 

He left the room and Nat was left alone with her thoughts. 

Nothing could describe how good it felt to have her baby sister home again, even if she couldn't talk to her. If she had lost her forever then Tony's head would've made a nice ornament on her wall. 

Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled it out. It read unknown on the screen and she hesitantly answered. She waited for the caller to say something.

"Hi, Romanoff." the voice spoke.

"Hey, Nick." Natasha said, slightly relieved.

"How is she?" he asked.

Natasha sighed, "Alive."