Sparrow

Ana turned around. Natasha's eyes bore into her back; the guilt threatening to bubble over. The redhead chewed nervously at her lip.

"Ana-" Natasha started.

The girl shook her head, "No. Just go, Natasha."

Nat listened to her and took off down the hall. When Ana could no longer her her footsteps, she let the emotions wash over her. Furiously, the girl hit the back wall over and over until her knuckled were bloody. She wiped her tears from her cheek, leaving a smear of blood behind. The girl slumped down onto the floor and hung her head between her knees. 

Alexei appeared in front of the cell and saw his daughter. She was sat against the wall in a small ball. There was a noticeable dent in it and the plaster was stained red. Quickly, he produced a Kimoyo Bead from his pocket and stuck it into the forcefield. It flashed purple before turning blue. The forcefield dropped.

The Russian rushed over to Ana and put his arms around her. She jolted back at the contact before realising it was him.

"What are you doing here?" Ana asked confused.

Alexei stood her up, "We're getting you out of here. Let's go."

The pair stepped over the threshold of the cell; Ana felt all her power surge from her head down throughout the rest of her body. 

"Turn your invisibility on, Ana." the man instructed.

Ana nodded and closed her eyes. Her frame disappeared from sight and Alexei began to walk away from the cell.

"Stay close." he said.

They weaved through the corridors, avoiding the patrols of Dora Milaje at every chance. As they ran out of the palace, Ana saw that the Quinjet was parked at a deserted bay. Alexei banged on the hatch and it opened up. He waited a moment with it open so that Ana could get in before locking it. 

Ana bought herself into view again in the safety of the aircraft. Melina was seated in the passengers seat next to Yelena. The blonde gave her sister a small smile before turning her attention back to getting them out of Wakanda. 

"Put your seatbelt on, Ana." Melina said sternly from the front.

Ana rolled her eyes which made Alexei chuckle deeply. The jet took off abruptly and headed for the sky. They flew out of the main city to the plains.

Ana looked out of the window, "Erm, what are we gong to do about the massive forcefield?"

Melina laughed, "You underestimate me."

With a few strokes of the keyboard, the woman had created a whole in the shield. The jet soared through and she closed it behind them. With another tap at the computer, she turned off the tracker and activated to invisibility panels. 

Yelena levelled the jet and Melina got out of her seat to join Alexei and Ana. She sat down next to the man and Ana stretched out along the opposite seat.

"So, where are we going?" Ana questioned.

Alexei clapped his hands together, "Russia!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Quinjet touched down on the icy ground. Yelena shut down the engines and flicked off the lights before getting up. She was the last to leave the aircraft. When she did, Alexei pushed it into the barn and closed the door. The women headed into the small house surrounded by fields. Melina held the door open for everyone and shut it firmly behind them. 

"Make yourself at home." she said and walked into the kitchen. 

Ana sat at the dining table and Yelena joined her. Alexei came over with a bottle of vodka and sat at the head of the table. The three of them could hear Melina cooking so they decided to start drinking.

Yelena poured everyone a shot and placed them in front of everyone. 

"Yelena! You can't give your sister that. She's a child." Alexei removed the glass from Ana's reach.

The girl rolled her eyes and got into the man's mind making him put the alcohol back. The man looked at her shocked and before he could say anything, she downed it. A smug grin stuck itself to her face and he tutted annoyed. Yelena suppressed her amusement and handed Ana the bottle.

Alexei looked at her, "You're not helping."

"What!? She deserves it. She's been in prison, remember?" Yelena shrugged.

The man shook his head and huffed. Melina walked into the room, carrying dishes and cutlery. She placed it in an array on the table and Alexei immediately tucked in. 

"Pig." Yelena rolled her eyes.

When they had all eaten their fill, Melina showed Ana to her room. It was cluttered with small items and had a box of tech things in the corner. 

Melina moved things to the side of the room, "I apologise for the mess. I normally use this room for storage, but we can sort it out tomorrow."

Ana sat down on the bed; it was comfy with a lot of blankets and a thick duvet. Melina open the wardrobe.

"There might be some clothes that fit you in here but if you need to you can borrow some from Yelena." Melina said.

The girl nodded and looked around the room. Melina left her alone to get settled. After the woman left, Something on the shelf caught the girl's eye. She stepped closer and picked it up. 

It was a small figure of a sparrow carved out of wood.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Come on, Ana! We've got to go." Melina yelled from across the small store. 

Ana stood in front of a tall cabinet looking up at a bird on one of the shelves. The woman came up behind her and brought the object down to Ana's height. The small girl's hand gripped it gently and she admired it's careful carvings. 

Melina kneeled down to Ana's size, "это воробей" (that is a sparrow)

The girl gasped, "Mama, you're not supposed to talk Russian. Dad said we can only talk Russian when we are at home and there is no one there."

The woman stood up and nodded, "Yes, I'm sorry. That is a sparrow."

Ana nodded and held it close to her chest, "Sparrow."