Nightmare

Wanda ran into Ana's room and saw the girl tossing in her bed. She grabbed Ana and shook her shoulders slightly, attempting to wake her from her nightmare. When that didn't work, Wanda thought maybe she could wake Ana if she got in her head. Wanda hated reading people's minds without permission but she didn't see any other option. Her eyes glowed as she tilted her head and entered the girl's mind. She saw Ana slice another person in a mask's throat and step back to watch them die. Shocked, Wanda hurried to wake the girl.

Ana's eyes sprang open and she sat up quickly. She looked down; she was drenched in sweat and shaking uncontrollably. Wanda looked at her concerned, sitting on the edge of her bed. Ana shoved Wanda off of her and got up. 

"WHY WERE YOU IN MY HEAD?" Ana shouted at the confused woman.

Wanda nervously spoke, "You were having a nightmare and I couldn't wake you-"

"THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN EXCUSE TO READ MY MIND!", she continued.

All of the yelling must've woken everyone up because Steve, Natasha and Bucky all appeared in Ana's room. 

"I'm really sorry Ana, I didn't mean for this" Wanda tried to reason with her but Ana became more aggravated.

Ana continued shouting at the woman, still sitting on her bed, "WELL HOW DID YOU THINK I WAS GONNA REACT? I'M A MURDERER AND YOU JUST SAW IT!"

"Ana, Wanda was just trying to help you." Steve tried to defend her actions. 

Natasha walked closer to Ana, "Hey, it's okay. Just calm down, alright." 

"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! NONE OF YOU DO! THE ONLY MEMORIES I HAVE ARE THE ONES OF ME BEING TORTURED OR KILLING PEOPLE!" Ana explained to them with her hands on her head, and falling to the floor.

"It drives me insane that I can't remember anything outside that facility." Ana cried pulling her knees up to her chest. 

Bucky understood more than anyone else in the room. He reached up to touch his scars on his temple from where he was electrocuted each time he had his memory wiped. 

Natasha went to hug Ana. The girl looked up at her; a flicker of yellow washed across her pupils and she smiled at Nat menacingly. Natasha stared at her sister's eyes confused, before Ana punched her across the face and sprang to her feet. She turned invisible and roundhouse kicked Wanda off the bed and ran over to Steve, hitting him directly in the kidney causing him to drop to the floor. Ana turned visible again to attack Bucky, pushing him past her and elbowing him in the back. She went to run out of the room but was stopped by Natasha who kicked her in the side as she was exiting, blood dripping from her nose. Wanda got up and used her powers to make Ana unconscious. The girl's body slumped in the doorway and Bucky picked her up. 

"What should we do with her?" Steve asked, still holding his side. 

Natasha sighed, "I guess we should put her in the cell for now until she's not a danger to the rest of the team."

Bucky carried her out, down the hallway. Sam, Vision and Bruce were now all out in the hall looking concerned for the girl and the team that were with her. As they were walking down the stairs, Tony came from the elevator from his bedroom on the higher floor. 

"What happened? F.R.I.D.A.Y told me there was a situation and I came as fast as I could." he explained to Bucky, Nat and Sam. 

Natasha filled him in n the events, "Ana was having a nightmare and Wanda got in her head to wake her up-"

"Which she wasn't too happy about..." Sam interrupted.

Nat continued, "-and then there was this yellow flicker in her eyes and she attacked us all. It was like she was an assassin again, under someone's control."

"But you said they antidote you gave her snapped her out of it. Does it normally wear off after a few hours?" Tony asked confused.

"No, it normally lasts forever. This has never happened before, but I think this is something different." Natasha said.

"Maybe the Red Room cooked up a new concoction." Sam joked.

They all looked at him totally serious, and he realised it was some thing the Red Room would definitely do to keep the widows under control for longer.   

When they got down to the cells, Tony opened the door using the control panel and Bucky placed Ana on the bed, brushing her hair out of her face before leaving. They all walked back upstairs to their rooms silently, saying goodnight when they got to the hallway. But Bucky and Natasha couldn't sleep. They each sat in their separate rooms thinking of the girl in the cell. 

Natasha kept thinking for about an hour, before turning over to look at the clock on her wall. It was 4am; 11am in Russia. She sat up and opened the bottom draw of her nightstand. Under a stack of photos was a black satellite phone. Natasha took it out and called the only number saved in the phone. As it was ringing, she almost hung up. 

'This is a bad idea' she thought, but the person picked up.

"Hey, it's me." she spoke "I have a situation and I could really use your help."

She paused momentarily, "I know I said I wouldn't call unless it was desperate but I really need you here."