'Apologise'

"Maybe the card was taken before we got the tape?" Sam said but Bucky was dubious.

Ana sneaked into the room to eavesdrop on the teams conversation. Not long after she arrived though, Thor had spotted her. 

"Ahh, there she is! We have ordered some pizza if you would care to join us?" his voice boomed and everyone turned to face her. 

It was clear the girl had been crying and attempted to cover it up, so no one mentioned it. Ana took a seat next to Thor that he had pulled up for her. The room returned to small talk and she could feel Thor itching to talk to her. She smiled up at the God and he took that as a good sign. 

"So Natasha mentioned that you are from a different planet? Which one?" Ana asked softly.

Thor grinned, "Well I'm from Asgard. Its one of the nine realms. You would like it there. We have big banquets and it's always warm. There is this spot by the waterfall that is my favourite. My mother showed it to my brother and I." 

"That sounds lovely, Thor. Do you still go there now with them?" she asked him.

His faced dropped a bit, "No, I can't. Our mother was killed by Dark Elves and Loki is dead too, I think." 

Ana felt bad, "I'm so sorry, Thor. At least you'll always have those memories with them."

He smiled a bit and looked into her eyes, "Thank you for your kind words."

Pepper entered the room and stood near Ana, "Sorry to interrupt. Can I speak to you for a moment?"

Ana hesitantly agreed and followed the woman out into the corridor. She could feel the eyes on her back as she left. Once they found a secluded part of the compound away from prying ears, Pepper spoke.

"I wanted to apologise for the way Tony acted towards you in the meeting. He should've never said those things."

Ana sighed, "It's okay, Pepper. I understand that he's angry. He cares a lot for Peter and this can't be easy on him. Are you okay? I know that Peter is important to you as well."

She chuckled slightly, "Yes, it's been hard without him. I miss him a lot. Honestly, I just hope he's alive. I don't know what we'd do if something happened..."

"He'll be back soon, Pepper. I bet the others are coming up with a plan right now to get him back." Ana put her hand on her shoulder for comfort and Pepper smiled softly. 

Sam's voice bellowed through the halls, "PIZZA'S HERE!"

"Well I guess I better go eat. Are you gonna join us?" Ana asked.

Pepper shook her head slightly, "I should get back to Tony. I'll see you later, Ana."

The two set off in different directions and headed a part. As Ana walked through the compound back to the kitchen, she couldn't help but still feel guilty. Everyone cared so much for Peter and she could tell how much his disappearance was affecting them. He made everyone happier; bought a joy to every room. A skill she wished she had.

Ana walked over to sit next to Thor again and they talked of Asgard and Mjölnir. She was perplexed at how it broke every law of physics and channels lightning. However, Thor wouldn't let her touch it, just incase. 

The team had eaten their fill of pizza; some were heading to bed and a few others went to the cinema room to watch a film. Instead, Ana decided that she was going to do some late night training to take her mind off things. She went to her room and changed before heading down to the gym. The girl was glad to see that no one was in there so she could be fully alone. 

She yanked her locker open and grabbed some knives. Today, Ana was going to freshen up on her knife throwing since she hadn't been in a fight for so long. Standing in front of the targets, her mind focused and she let her muscle memory take over. That's when she felt most at peace, doing that which came naturally. 

Throw after throw, the blades landed in the centre of the targets. She ran out of knives so went to retrieve her arsenal. Ana carefully pulled the metal from the fabric as not to ruin the targets. About 30 minutes of the same ritual repeated when by when Ana decided that it was enough. 

Ana placed her blades in the locker and closed it firmly. She travelled around the room, switching off the lights and headed for the door. As she turned the last light out and the room went dark, she felt a pain in her neck. The girl grabbed the sight and spun around groggily. 

Dazed, she felt her body falling and saw a hooded figure as she closed her eyes.