Celebrate

Ana agreed to go shopping with Wanda for tonights party. Yelena and Natasha decided to come along as well. Wanda and Nat were used to this; Tony threw a lot of parties. 

Natasha and Yelena slid into the car, Yelena in the passenger seat, and waited for the other two.

"I bet you Wanda will be the last one here even though she planned this damn thing." Natasha rolled her eyes and Yelena laughed. 

The door opened and Ana got in the back seat, "Where's Wanda?"

Natasha shook her head and sighed, "Still inside."

The red head beeped the horn loudly coaxing Wanda out of the compound. She came out disgruntled and slammed the car door shut behind her.

"Was the honking really necessary?" she leaned over to Nat.

Nat started the car and began to reverse out of the garage, "Well you were late."

Wanda rolled her eyes and mumbled something in Sokovian under her breath.

Ana turned to the woman next to her, "What language was that?"

"Sokovian." she answered. 

"Is that where you and your brother are from?" Ana questioned.

Wanda nodded and smiled, "Yeah, it is."

"I bet it's really pretty there." Ana turned to look out of the window. 

"Yeah, it was beautiful." Wanda spoke and Ana looked at her again.

"Was?"

Wanda sighed and looked down at her hands, "It got destroyed, the whole city. But we saved all the people there. That's where Pietro died."

"I'm sorry, Wanda. I didn't mean for you to get upset." Ana looked at her guiltily.

The woman looked back up at the girl and placed her hand on Ana's, "It's fine. You did nothing wrong."

Natasha alerted them from the front of the car, "We're here, guys."

Ana stepped out of the car and stood in front of a gorgeous boutique. There were dresses in the window adorned with lace and jewels. The green one with subtle lace caught her eye immediately. Yelena held the door open as everyone entered. They had booked the whole shop out for a few hours so they could be alone and wouldn't get interrupted by fans or the press. 

All the girls began trying on dresses. Yelena decided on a short, navy, halter neck dress which she could pair with a black leather jacket straight away. Natasha just bought a new pair of heels to go with her black gown at home - she was used to the amount of parties Stark threw. Wanda took a while longer, trying on numerous red dresses. She finally settled on a the first dress she tried on. 

Yelena found Ana in the changing room, staring at her own reflection. She was wearing the green gown she had eyed in the window. 

"Wow, Ana! You look incredible." Yelena smiled widely at her twin in the mirror. 

Ana's grin grew and she twirled, "This is amazing! I never want to take it off."

Yelena shrugged, "Don't. We can pay for it now and you can wear it as much as you want."

The girl ran out of the changing room to show the others. For the first time in her life, she felt like a child. She could be herself. 

As they headed home, the car was filled with excitement. Ana was still wearing her dress and smiled out the window. 

When they got back to the compound, preparations had already began. Caterers were pacing the halls in white shirts with trays if glasses. They found some of the team playing snooker in the lounge, but most of them were getting ready. 

Wanda helped Ana do her hair and put it into a braided bun. The pair came down to the festivities fashionably late. Some heads turned but mostly people were so engrossed in their own conversations to notice. One person that did notice was Peter.

The boy was standing goggling at Ana as she left the elevator. He cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. Ana realised he was staring at walked over to him. 

"Hey, Peter. How are you?" she asked the flustered teen.

He looked at his feet, "G-good. I'm good. How are you?"

She chucked and replied, "I'm fine."

Peter scanned the girl and spoke timidly, "You look really pretty."

"And therefore I have worth?" she bluntly said.

"No! No, I mean- not that you don't have worth... it's just-" he stuttered.

Ana fell about with laughter, "I'm messing with you. I know. Thank you, Peter."

Two talked for a while and had a good time. For Ana's first party, it was going quite well. Natasha looked upon her from near the bar and saw what she had missed out on - seeing her little sister be the person she was always meant to be, a kid. 

"Hey, do you wanna get some air? We could go to the balcony?" Peter asked her after things in the party were starting to die down.

"Sure." both of them headed for the door. 

When they got outside, Ana inhaled the fresh air. She glanced over the side and saw people talking below. Peter shifted nervously beside her and took a few deep breaths. 

Ana sensed his anxiety and turned to him, "What's up, Pete?"

He took a final breath, "Ana, do you want to go on a date with me sometime?"

The girl laughed for a second and the boy's face dropped. When she realised her was serious she stopped and stared at him blankly. 

"Oh, you're serious? I'm sorry, Peter but I'm just not into you- or anyone for that matter." she said guiltily. 

Peter shook his head and stormed off. Ana sighed and looked off into the distance. She didn't know what to do. It's not like she could change her feelings. 

Instead of rejoining the party immediately, she stood on the balcony for a while longer. Ana had no idea how long had passed, but Tony came out and questioned her.

"Where's Peter gone?" he asked.

She turned to him and replied, "I don't know, He left me a while ago. He was pretty angry. Did he go home?"

"No, he was supposed to stay here tonight because May is out of town and he know he's not allowed to be home alone." he said concerned.

"Hang on, let me locate him. " Ana said.

The girl pressed her eyes shut and tried to use her powers to find him. She was struck with a wall in her mind, followed by a surge of pain and a ringing in her ears. Ana winced and opened her eyes again. 

"I can't find him."