Tracked

"How many widows are there?" Ana piped up.

"Thousands - scattered all over the world." Yelena responded.

Ana looked at both of her sisters, "But they're not all the same as me, you guys don't have powers?"

Natasha shook her head, "No, you were part of something slightly different but run by the same people. Yelena, Melina and I are all widows; Bucky was a HYDRA experiment and so was Wanda. You were in a program run by both organisations, so you're like all of us put together."

"One super messed up lab rat." Ana looked down.

Wanda turned to wash up her dish and was faced with a sink full of plates and glasses. 

"You can't all just throw your dishes in the sink and expect me to wash them up!" she turned to them annoyed.

"But you have magic and can do it really fast..." Bucky said.

Wanda huffed, "That's not the point!"

Everyone laughed at her expression and Nat got up to help her wash up.

A few minutes later, Wanda and Natasha showed Melina, Yelena and Ana to their rooms. Wanda took Yelena and Melina into theirs, while Nat too her sister into the one next to hers.

"I made Bucky move down the hall so that we could be closer." the red head smiled.

"Thanks..." Ana nodded.

Natasha let the girl settle in, telling her that the wardrobe had some clothes in it for her and she could come into her room at anytime, before leaving.

Ana sighed and looked around her room. It was plain but she still couldn't believe the luxury. She was worn out from the days events, so decided to go to sleep even though it was 8:30. The girl switched on the desk lamp, so that she wasn't completely in the dark and changed into some fabric shorts and a loose t-shirt. She walked over to switch the main light off and dove into the bed. 

No matter how much she tried, she couldn't get comfortable. Fed up with trying, the girl stripped the bed of the duvet and pillows, making herself a bed on the floor instead. Ana found this much like she was use to and drifted off with ease. Her slumber was peaceful; the nightmares had stopped for now.

A large pair of hands gripping her neck and putting a piece of cloth in her mouth and a bag over her head awoke her. The girl desperately attempted to fight off the two people dragging her along the floor, trying to kick them off her. Then she remembered that Natasha was right next door and if she slammed herself enough against the floor, she might hear her. She did so 5 times before begin picked up by the people. Suddenly, she heard gunshot ring out through the hallway and felt the people start to run with her. However, they stopped suddenly and one of them let go of her. The other one was put on the floor quickly and she rolled of his shoulder.

Someone took the bag off her head, and she was met with Wanda's face. Ana spat out the cloth and Wanda broke apart the handcuffs with her powers. Ana stood up and looked behind her to see blood on the floor and 6 men all knocked out on the floor. The girl look worriedly but when she saw that no one was injured she relaxed. Alexei ran through the doorway to see the mess.

"What happened? I heard gunshots from the roof." he asked.

Ana looked at him disgusted, "Did you tell them I was here?"

"No! Of course I didn't!" he said taken aback by the statement.

"You probably have a tracker in your leg" Yelena defended him "He wouldn't do this."

Melina gestured to the doorway, "Come on. Let's go down to the lab and I'll take it out."

Ana followed her and the others prepared to take the men down to the cells, so they could be interrogated. 

The girl sat down on the medical bed and Melina pulled over a tray of instruments and an anaesthetic. Ana pulled away at the sight of the needle.

"Don't worry, it's just to numb the pain." Melina reassured.

Ana nodded and Melina ran her hand across her daughter's leg, searching for a small bump which she assumed was the tracker. She stuck the needle in the girls leg and took a scalpel out of a packet. 

"How did you get all these scars on your legs?" Melina asked trying to distract Ana.

"Most of them I got in the facility but this one," Ana pointed to a large one spanning down her shin, "I got when I was on a mission. I can't really remember the mission but I was in Vietnam, taking out a defected HYDRA agent. We didn't know this, but he had joined a street gang and I was captured by them... not for long though. They were trying to get information about my powers and they kept cutting me with this 'sacred sword'. I have a few on my torso and arms from them too. Anyway when I killed the gang, I took the sword back with me but someone took it away when I got back to base."

Melina placed the blood-covered tracker in a kidney dish and began stitching Ana's leg.

She asked her daughter, "How old were you then?" 

"I think I was 15 then because it was just after I graduated." Ana stated.

"You were 15 when you graduated?" Melina asked slightly shocked.

"Yeah..." 

Melina shook her head, "Sorry, I'm only surprised because most widows graduate at 17."

Ana chuckled, "Well, they wanted a child assassin so they could get in everywhere I guess."

The woman tied off the suture and put a plaster over the gash. "With you're super healing you should be fine in a day or so."

They both got up to go find the others and took the tracker with them to show the group.