Chapter 20

Once Maddy finished deciding what and all to take with her, she rushed down to get the two empty bags she brought with herself

Once Maddy finished deciding what and all to take with her, she rushed down to get the two empty bags she brought with herself. Xander followed her downstairs. Maddy found her mom talking to Jeremy, Alexa, Leia, and Tristan. While Maddy went back upstairs with the empty bags, Xander joined in on the conversation with her mom.

Maddy couldn't fit all the things she wanted to take with herself. Her books itself took up one whole bag and she couldn't manage to fit the rest of her belongings in the other bag. She took out the suitcase that she used while travelling. It was covered in a layer of dirt. Maddy and her mom didn't travel very frequently, and even if they did travel, Maddy preferred bags as they were easier to carry. Also, Maddy had a tendency to lose her suitcase. Maddy removed all her items from the second bag and dumped them in the suitcase along with the items she couldn't carry.

Once Maddy finished she went downstairs. Maddy sat on the chair beside her mom and listened to the conversation. The werewolves were talking about the different safety precautions in their headquarters while her mom listened intently to it. When they finished talking, her mom pursed her lips. "I'll think about allowing her to join your pack."

Maddy gaped at her. "Mom! You need to allow me. I have already finished packing."

"I didn't say yes to joining the pack. In fact, you didn't even mention that you wanted to join a pack on the other side of the country. I found out from them."

Maddy had just assumed her mom would allow her since Maddy herself was a werewolf. A werewolf who was practically useless, but a werewolf nonetheless. A werewolf without a pack became rogue and went crazy. Maddy voiced out her thoughts and practically begged her mom.

"Fine," her mom said as she glared at the werewolves. "However, I have a condition. I won't be shifting there because of my job. Since Leia will be there too, I am assuming that it will be safe for Maddy. However, if anything happens to her, just remember that I am a doctor. I can break every single bone in your body while naming them," she said to Xander as he was the Amalthea Pack representative.

There was a minute of complete silence. "Also," her mom continued as though she hadn't just threatened an Alpha in the making. "Maddy will have to call me every week and let me know how she is doing."

Maddy got up and hugged her mom tightly. She was excited that she would be joining the Pack but at the same time she would be missing her mom. "That one-liner about breaking bones was epic. I want to become a doctor just so I can use that," Maddy said to her mom before pulling back.

Her mom chuckled.

Maddy spent an hour with her mom before loading all her bags and suitcases in the car. They had a flight to catch soon so Maddy wasn't able to stay for as long as she wanted to. Tristan drove them to the airport but that was where he too bade them goodbye.

Soon, Maddy and the others boarded the plane. This time, when Xander told Maddy that he was bored, Maddy was ready. She shoved a mystery novel that she had taken from her bookshelf towards Xander. The book was titled 'The murder of Roger Ackroyd' by Agatha Christie and was one of Maddy's personal favorites. "Read this," she said.

At that moment, a young lady wearing a huge hat and sunglasses boarded the plane and walked up to them. She looked absolutely ridiculous. She wore a bright orange dress and her hat was an even brighter pink. Without saying a word, she took a seat to Maddy left. Maddy frowned as the hat pushed into Maddy's personal space. Maddy remained quiet for a few minutes, hoping that the lady would remove her hat, but when the plane took off, the lady was still wearing her it. It was clear that the hat wasn't going anywhere.

"Excuse me," Maddy said politely when the damn hat nearly poked her eye out when the lady moved her head to the side to call a flight attendant. "Could you please remove your hat. It is rather stuffy in here."

"No."

Maddy's eyebrows shot up at the rude reply. "Excuse me?"

"I said no," the lady huffed as she removed her sunglasses.

Maddy froze on seeing the lady's eyes. They were extremely unique and familiar. In fact, Maddy was pretty sure that no one else had eyes that continuously changed color.

"Matefinder?" she gaped. This got Xander's attention. He immediately put the book down and turned towards the lady.

"Hello," the matefinder said cheerfully.

"What are you doing here?" Maddy spluttered.

"And more importantly, why are you wearing that?" Xander said with his nose wrinkled with disgust.

Maddy glared at him. Even if they did somewhat know the matefinder, it wasn't polite to just tell someone that they looked ridiculous even if they did look absurd.

"I needed to catch your attention and what better way to do it than dress up as a highlighter?"

"You could have just called," Xander pointed out dryly.

"Look at the two of you. I helped you so much and yet you keep on harassing me like that. You don't even pay me a visit!"

"That is because we need to make a blood sacrifice to enter your house," Maddy pointed out.

The matefinder thought about it for a second before replying, "Hmm, I suppose that does pose as a problem."

"Could you remove your hat now?" Maddy asked as she threw a withering glare towards the hat which was once again trying to poke Maddy's eyes out.

The matefinder chuckled and removed her hat. "So, you have found out that you are werewolf who can't shift."

"Please don't remind me," Maddy muttered.

"Yes, please don't remind her. There are no pillows out here and I really don't fancy being thrown out of the plane," Xander commented.

Maddy glared at him and Xander in turn winked at her.

"Well," the matefinder said as she rubbed her hands together. "I suppose you have a lot of questions that need to be answered. Let's start with a rapid-fire round."