Chapter 29

The car ride back to the headquarters was silent

The car ride back to the headquarters was silent. The rogue had woken up but he couldn't do anything. Alexa somehow found some rope and had tied the rogue's hands and legs. No one spoke because of the fear of revealing some important information. The rogue meanwhile took his time inspecting all of them.

Just as they were about to enter the headquarters, Xander asked Jeremy to stop the car. The car skid to a halt and Xander got out of the car. Apparently, he had some work to be completed. The car drove on without Xander, and in a minute or two, they reached the Amalthea Pack Headquarters.

The moment they reached, the Alpha came running to them. He had a concern written all over his face. He tensed up as he looked at the people inside. At first, Maddy didn't realize why he was acting that way but then she realized that Xander wasn't in the car.

"Xander wanted to buy something which is why he isn't here. He is perfectly fine," Maddy said to the Alpha who immediately slumped with relief.

The Alpha then saw the rogue who was discreetly trying to free his hands. The moment Leia saw that, she didn't hesitate to go right up to the rogue and glare at him. "Don't move unless you fancy being bound with silver chains." Being intelligent enough, the rogue stopped moving.

Maddy talked to the Alpha and told him about her theory of how the rogue might know who the boss was. The Alpha listened to her patiently and then asked some members to take the rogue put him in a cell in the same building where the previous Beta was being kept.

"I'll try seeing if the rogue will be able to give us some answers. I am not sure how I'll make him talk since he is not in my pack. I have no control over him," the Alpha said.

Maddy frowned. She hadn't thought of that. The Alpha was right. There was no way to make him talk and he wouldn't just freely give away information.

The Alpha left to interrogate the rogue. Maddy just stood there thinking for some time. Maddy had no doubt that the rogue wouldn't say a word. Maddy's trail of thought was interrupted when someone calling her name.

Maddy turned around and saw that Xander was standing with his hands behind his back. Once again, he had his apologetic expression on.

Maddy wasn't pissed anymore because, well, she wouldn't have caught the rogue unless Xander put her on guarding duty and Xander had also asked her to investigate the trap door. However, she didn't tell Xander that. She wanted to see how exactly Xander would apologize to her.

Xander cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure that you were safe. The boss kept on trying to kidnap or kill you and I wanted to make sure that you were safe," Xander said as he practically thrust a bouquet of flowers towards Maddy.

Maddy stared at the bouquet for a second. She hadn't noticed that Xander had a bouquet on him. Probably because he stood with his hands behind his back.