Chapter 48

Half an hour later, Maddy found out that Bruce had agreed to come over but he would be arriving only on the day after tomorrow

Half an hour later, Maddy found out that Bruce had agreed to come over but he would be arriving only on the day after tomorrow. A part of Maddy still couldn't believe that Bruce was the bad guy. He had seemed like one of these instantly likeable people. Maddy couldn't even imagine how Justin must be feeling. It must be hard for him, but he didn't show a single sign of weakness. The only time Maddy had seen Justin being remotely worked up was when Xander had fake-died and when he first came to know that Bruce was the boss.

Everyone had expected Bruce to arrive in like a few hours, so all the preparations had been done. Now, everyone relaxedly went back to their houses. They still had time. A lot of time.

Meanwhile, Maddy was busy finding where Xander, Alexa, Jeremy, and Leia were. She wanted to introduce Noah to the others, but she couldn't find them anywhere. When she went past Jeremy's house, she saw that the door was wide open and they were sitting inside. Maddy led Noah inside.

The four of them seemed to be talking about something, but the moment Maddy came they quietened. Maddy shrugged it off. She sat down beside Xander. Meanwhile, Noah was busy gawking at Alexa. Maddy pulled Noah down.

"You are human," Alexa stated, oblivious to the fact that Noah was staring at her. Xander, however, wasn't oblivious at all. He was frowning at Noah but he didn't say anything.

"You've got to stop telling that to humans. That was the first thing that you told me too. It's weird," Maddy said.

Xander snapped his fingers in front of Noah, effectively making Noah stop looking at Alexa. Noah smiled sheepishly at Xander's pointed glare and then introduced himself.

"So, do your hair colors become your wolf's hair color?" Noah asked. When everyone nodded, he turned to Jeremy. "Are you a blonde wolf? Does that even exist?"

Jeremy smiled. "I'm a greyish white wolf. Blonde hair gets converted to that."

"So, if you were to dye your hair... would your fur have that color to?"

Maddy looked at Noah with wide eyes. "That's an excellent question. How is it that I never thought of that?"

Xander groaned. "We now have two Maddys."

Maddy scowled. "You are not lucky enough to get two Maddys."

"Aww, look at that! Maddy's jealous," Xander said with an impish grin as he swung his arm around Maddy. "Don't worry, you know I'll always choose you right?"

Noah's jaw dropped. "You two are dating?"

"Nah, they are just 'friends', as they call it," Leia said.

"Yeah. They like to pretend that they aren't already dating. You'll get used to it after a few days," Alexa chimed in.

Maddy huffed. How was it that they all came back to the same topic? It wasn't like she and Xander were an item. Xander wasn't helping either.

Noah fit in nicely with the others. In less than two hours, he was comfortably joking with the others. He was like one of those who you instantly snapped with.

The day dragged along as boring as ever. The only remotely interesting thing that happened was watching Noah's surprise when he realized that he had been trapped in the invisible prison. He struggled for a whole fifteen minutes by trying to kick it, pushing it, and he even threw himself completely at the wall before giving up and asking for the password.

The six of them were in the cafeteria eating their dinner when Noah suddenly sucked in a sharp breath. Everyone's attention snapped to Noah. "I think I'm in love," Noah said as he had that lovesick smile that people had on their face in the movies. Maddy followed the direction in which Noah was staring and blanched when she saw who the girl was. Maddy knew that girl all too well.

"Trust me. That's last person you want to have a crush on," Maddy said as she shook her head and glared at Katie. "She is like a she-devil."

"Yeah. Taylor Swift wrote the line 'Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream' specifically for her," Alexa said.

All the words seemed to go right over Noah's head. He just sighed and continued to stare at Katie. He didn't make any attempt to talk to her but he just kept staring at her with lovey dovey eyes which would have been extremely cute if the girl he was staring at wasn't Katie.

"At least he isn't staring at Alexa anymore," Xander muttered as he continued eating his food.

It was late at night when Maddy finally got back to her room. After changing into her pajamas, she went on her phone and called her mom. She had made a promise to her mom to call her every week but she had forgotten it completely. Now that she remembered it, she quickly called her mom. She talked to her mom for half an hour or so and then went to bed.