Chapter 33

That evening, Maddy went to visit the Alpha

That evening, Maddy went to visit the Alpha. When she reached Xander's house, she saw that the entire house was dark except one room. Xander was doing something with Jeremy, and Alexa was probably doing something she shouldn't be doing. So, the house was mostly empty.

The door to the house was open like always. The Alpha didn't mind people just barging into his house. Nevertheless, Maddy knocked on the door and waited. When no one came for two minutes, Maddy stepped inside. Maddy walked towards the source of the light and came across a familiar door: the door to the Alpha's office. Maddy knocked on the door, and a minute later the Alpha opened the door.

"Maddy," the Alpha said in a surprised tone. "What brings you here?"

"I have a theory about the identity of the boss."

"Come in and then we'll talk," the Alpha said as he moved aside to let Maddy inside.

The office hadn't changed much. In fact, it looked even more messier. There were piles of papers everywhere.

"One minute," the Alpha said as he took a pile of papers from the chair in front of the desk and dumped it on an already large pile of papers on the desk. He then waited for two seconds to see if the Leaning Tower of Papers would fall. When nothing happened, he went behind the desk and sat down on the chair. Maddy slowly sat down on the chair as she eyed the paper tower. If that fell, there would, without doubt, be a paper avalanche in the office.

"Sorry for all the mess. It isn't usually like this," the Alpha said as he waved his hand dismissively.

Maddy totally believed that.

"So, what theory do you have?"

Maddy told the Alpha about her theory of how the boss might be from the Megaclite Pack by his accent and the fact that the rogues were able to infiltrate the headquarters when the Megaclite Pack had been invited. Also, the fact that Mack mentioned that the boss was a part of a pack, went along with her theory.

The Alpha leaned back and thought over it for a minute. "It makes sense," he said as he nodded to himself. "The boss kidnapped you from the Callisto Pack region and then came here to kidnapped Alexa. He decided to go to Megaclite Pack last because it would be the easiest to kidnap someone from there."

Maddy hadn't thought of that but the Alpha was right. Any further conversation was stopped when the Alpha abruptly stood up. The paper tower crumpled because of the fast movement but the Alpha didn't care. He practically ran out. Perplexed, Maddy followed behind him. The moment she got out, she could hear Alexa shouting for her dad and it seemed as though she was running towards them because the voice was coming closer and closer. The Alpha would have heard her earlier because of his werewolf hearing which was why he ran out in such a hurry.

The Alpha came to a stop only when he caught sight of Alexa. The whole pack had gathered by then, trying to see what was going on. Maddy couldn't see anything because of the group of extremely tall people crowding around Alexa so she had to squeeze her way through the crowd.

"What happened?" the Alpha asked as he looked around, trying to figure out why she was shouting.

Xander stumbled through the crowds followed by Jeremy and Leia. On seeing the large crowd gathered, Alexa smiled sheepishly, "I'm fine. I just got... excited."

Everyone was confused, but Alexa insisted that everyone went back to what they were doing. Maddy stuck around, knowing that there must have been some reason why Alexa was shouting. At the end, only the Alpha was there beside Alexa along with Xander, Jeremy and Leia.

"I was in the jail building or whatever you call it," Alexa said once the crowd had thinned. "I was in the computer room when all of a sudden I saw that Mack was talking to someone on his phone. So, I intercepted the call and listened to the entire conversation. The person on the other end of the phone asked Mack to meet her at an address. I noted it down."

Alexa handed her dad a piece of paper which had the address written on it. The Alpha had untied Mack and even given him his cell phone back to compensate for all the misconceptions about the rogues. He was given proper food and even allowed to take a walk around the compound as long as he had two werewolves following behind him. He couldn't be let out of his prison as he could escape and give away vital information but the Alpha made sure to make his stay as comfortable as possible.

The Alpha read the entire address before pocketing it. "Did they speak about anything else?"

"The girl asked where he was. Thankfully, he didn't tell that he was here. Probably to save his own skin. She then told him to meet him in another hour."

"What were you even doing in the computer room?" Xander asked.

Alexa smiled sheepishly. "I was messing with the voice recognition code."

"To make me say 'Alexa is great'?" Xander asked as he glared at Alexa.

"Hah! I made you say it once again!" Alexa said triumphantly.

"Keep quiet. Both of you," the Alpha ordered as he took out the piece of paper and read it again. "I'll need to leave now if I want to reach there in time. I want you all to stay vigilante just in case."

Everyone immediately protested. They too wanted to be part of the expedition. The Alpha however would not hear of it. It was only when the Beta interrupted that he actually thought about it. "They are like a danger attracting magnet. Wherever they go, the boss follows. Take them along and you might just end up face to face with the boss."

After a minute or two, the Alpha finally agreed. "Fine but it is only because I can already see Alexa planning something in her mind. I would rather have you close to me so I can keep an eye on all you kids."

Maddy didn't miss the way the Alpha stressed on the word 'kids', but she didn't mind. As long as she was going along with all of them, she was more than happy. Now that she was halfway through the mystery, there was no way she was stopping until she unraveled the whole plot.