Chapter 34

Everyone hurriedly got into the car

Everyone hurriedly got into the car. There was no time to prepare. The address was a little far away—probably another safehouse. They would be late if they took their time to prepare themselves. The Alpha wanted to reach there first so that they could find a spot to hide.

"You guys go ahead. I'll call Bruce and let him know that there might be a traitor in his Pack," The Alpha said as he took out his phone.

"Do you think that is wise?" Jeremy asked.

"I am positive that Bruce is not the boss."

"I am not saying that he is the boss, but at this point, everyone is a suspect. The boss might overhear the conversation or the Alpha might mention it to the boss thinking that he wasn't a traitor. We can't chance that."

The Alpha sighed and put his phone back in his pocket. "You are right. It is better to be safe than sorry."

Maddy had wanted to train with Nadine after the conversation with the Alpha in his office, especially since she had to thank Nadine for teaching her the technique that saved her life but she didn't get the time to thank her.

The Alpha, Beta, Diana, and Mack sat in one car while the others piled into the other car with Jeremy driving. Diana had insisted on going so that she could make sure that everyone was safe. Her whole family was having all the fun and she was missing out on everything. When the Alpha didn't agree, she went full alpha on the Alpha until he agreed. Maddy could see what Xander meant when he said his mom was scary at times.

The Alpha talked to Mack and convinced him to switch sides. Although what was done to the rogues was wrong, the boss' way of doing things wasn't right. The Alpha wanted to talk to the boss, tell him that he was willing to help the boss but only if he stopped causing harm to other werewolves and instead appealed to the Werewolf Council to change the laws. Mack had agreed, but he mentioned that if he ever saw them mistreating a rogue for no reason, he wouldn't hesitate to kill them all. At least that was better than nothing.

The plan was to hide and listen in on the conversation. Mack would try and convince the boss to meet the Alpha but if the boss didn't agree, they would have to track the boss down and then talk to him.

The Alpha drove ahead and Jeremy followed. They reached a good fifteen minutes before the assigned time. As everyone expected, they had reached another safehouse. Maddy had no idea how the boss managed to buy so many houses. That was another unsolved mystery. The building was a dark brown color and looked rather dreary and boring.

Mack was told to go ahead and scout the place and see of it was safe for the others to join. It had been decided before that Mack would call them once he found the building to be safe.

As he went in, Maddy turned to the Alpha. "Are you sure it is safe for him to go there alone? He could make a run for it."

"I have installed an app to track his phone while we hacked into it. We should know where he is as long as he has the phone. Besides, I don't think he is going to run. We are the only things standing between him and the boss' wrath."

"What if he managed to alert the rogues and they are waiting to ambush us?"

"That can't be possible. I can't smell any rogues inside and I have a team tracking everything that Mack is doing on the phone and they'll let me know the moment he messages anyone. He isn't part of a pack either so there is no way for him to contact anyone."

After two minutes, the Alpha's phone started ringing. The Alpha cut the call and gestured for them to follow. They went inside. The Alpha led the way. He could smell where Mack had been so he knew exactly where to go. When they reached the door behind which Maddy assumed Mack was, the Alpha stopped. He alone opened the door and stepped inside the room, searching for any danger. A second later, he opened the door and everyone went inside.

The inside of the room was mysterious to say the least. Everything was rather plain and dark like the rest of the house but something about the room felt creepier. The room was devoid of any furniture except a cupboard and a table in the corner of the room with an empty water bottle on the desk. Someone had been there recently but there was no clue as to who had been there. The boss always made sure to cover up his tracks.

"Two of you can hide inside the trapdoor," Mack said as he gestured to the ceiling above him.

"Are there trap doors in all the safe houses?" Maddy asked, surprised. She hadn't seen any trap door in the safehouse where she had been held captive.

Mack nodded. "They are present in almost every room in all the safehouses if you know where to look for them."

"Two more can hide behind the curtain. The rest of you can spread out throughout the building and hide at different spots. There will be at least a dozen rogues around the building," Mack continued as he looked around the room.

Everyone froze.

"Dozen rogues?" The Alpha said loudly as he glared at Mack. "Why didn't you tell us this before?"

Mack shrugged. "You never asked." 

"