2 ~ Saint Mystique

Mystique could now crawl as a four-month-old. She had a lot of baby fat, so moving around was difficult, but she always managed. Because there was nothing else to do, Mystique resorted to attempting to stay as fit as she could as a child. 

She detested exercising when she lived on Earth, although she thoroughly enjoyed watching others whether it be sports or a normal workout. When she was forced to engage in sports by a friend who was overly athletic, she had a strange sensation of elation when she was doing martial arts, specifically boxing. 

Continuing on from before, She was undoubtedly in one piece after her four months of observing and listening.

This also meant that she needed to be powerful in order to survive in such a world. She needed to become more powerful and-

Wait a second, no she didn't.

She didn't, she genuinely didn't. Because she was a celestial dragon, her life would be as simple as it could be. She'd never know what it's like to skip a meal, what it's like to wear worn out clothes, and, worst of all, what it's like to have a true friend.

She was upset for a multitude of reasons. Never missing a meal may sound like an amazing idea to some, but Mystique believed it should happen to anyone and everyone at least once. 

Mystique's only difficulties in this world would be learning how to maintain a heart of stone and avoiding the straw hats as foes. Oh, and she wasn't going to let the mentality of these Celestial Dragons influence her. Or atleast, she'll try.

No, Mystique was a cruel yet sympathetic human being who was both strong and vulnerable. Not a god, a slave, or a monster.

But...

She watched as her father and mother mercilessly whipped a poor slave who had merely coughed, causing them to get enraged. 

Worst of all, she was doing so while in her mother's arms. Mystique could only stare at the man as the light from his eyes diminished, along with all the strength in his limbs, and he collapsed to the ground.

For the first time in her life, Mystique witnessed a real person murdered before her eyes. But it's not like that mattered here, because there were no other humans in this new land she was residing in.

There were only monsters, and to the celestial dragons, slaves.

~

"This is Mystique, my daughter." said her mother as the woman presented her to another, whom she assumed was another celestial dragon. 

She was aware of this from the outset, as this was a celestial dragon she was familiar with from the show. It was the same woman who had journeyed with Saint Carlos to Sabaody Archipelago.

 Mystique had no desire to meet Carlos; if she did, it would only make her feel miserable because she was now on equal footing with him."Will she be joining us today?"

Joining? She blinked. Joining on what? Joining them where? Panic began to build up in Mystique.

"Yes, I'll have a servant carry her through the whole slave auction."

Suddenly, the baby she was holding began to cry. Rosalie, her mother's name, looked down at her and commanded that she be managed by a servant straightaway. The maid whom was carrying her began desperately rocking her up and down, and per usual, she quickly calmed down.

Mystique only cried when she was in her mother's, father's, or brother's arms, the woman who was holding her realized. She questioned if this child was intelligent enough to recognize profound evil and prayed to God that she would not end up like her family. 

She had established a sort of connection with the young girl as the woman who had been practically rearing her for the recent months, even if it was a poor idea to do so with the offspring of a Celestial Dragon. 

If they knew how much she communicated to Mystique about the unfairness and harshness of the world, she would be executed without reluctance.

Nonetheless... Maybe this little girl could save the world. If she could just persuade one of them to alter their opinions, the entire world could change. Talia would grab the opportunity regardless of the fact that it was a one-in-a-million chance.

 Talia quickly returned the small ash-blonde haired infant to the woman who was regrettably her mother, lowered her head, and walked away before Rosalie could detect her observing. 

That very same night, she leaned behind a door and reported to a den-den mushi of her thoughts on the newborn. It was her job as a member of the revolutionary army after all.

~

The suit they made her wear was terribly uncomfortable. The bubble around her head that blocked the fresh air made her want to wail as a baby with emotions she felt she couldn't control, but when she made it inside the slave auction, she just couldn't bring herself to doing so. Her and her mother sat a top a fish man and it may sound weird buy Mystique felt as though she could feel the mans emotions.

And trust her, they were terrible. Mystique didn't know he was suffering so much, she assumed that they all had that strong will in them to survive just like the show had showed them to possess, but that was naive and stupid of her to think. The fishman wanted to die, his body was just too tired for him to do so, and it broke her heart. She couldn't cry, how selfish would that be when this man wanted so desperately to shed his own tears but couldn't even find the strength to do so?

It was a whole 'nother level of emptiness and pain that she'd ever been aware of.

But this pain wasn't even a shred of what the people here actually felt. And she was about to realize just how bad it was as they brought the slaves onto the stage one by one. That this pain, was only beginning.

Now she had to accept that she was a part of the monsters.

(Edited Mar 3, 2022)