13 ~ The Truth Behind Those Soulless Eyes

"Okay..." Atlantis took a deep breath and concentrated on the orange Roger had placed onto his desk. The captain watched next to her with his arms crossed as she closed her eyes and brought her hands up gently. "Concentrate..."

She tried to visualize the image of an orange in her head, and it came quite easily however when she opened her eyes nothing had happened to the orange. So she tried again, and again and again until frustration began to overwhelm her and she kicked the ground in anger. Roger chuckled at her and suggested she recall what she'd done back in the room with Shanks to trigger her newfound abilities. When Roger had told her to do so, she lowered her arms and stared at the ground with clenched fists. "I was annoyed and made at Shanks, Roger. I don't want to feel like that again."

"Perhaps not the same feelings," Roger rubbed his chin, "maybe try to control the energy you felt at that moment."

"How?"

He shrugged, "Imagine how you would feel but don't actually feel it."

"What the hell," The golden eyed girl deadpanned at the ravenette, "how do I do that?"

"Empathize, understand. Man, I don't know, this is your power."

"No it's not!" She huffed and sat down, already giving up and receiving a disappointed look from Roger, "It's... It's hers, not mine. I didn't ask for it, I don't know why she would give me a power like this. I'm not a good person, I'm not even mentally stable either so why would... Why would she do this?!"

"Fine, I'll call Edward to see if he can give you advice."

A little confused by his words she looked at him and Roger decided to elaborate, "Well, Talia told him everything about herself and her abilities, so I can only assume he can help you figure it out."

"Captain?"

"Yeah?"

"You have the most annoying habit of not saying what is needed until it is too late."