3 ~ A Dream Turned Nightmare

(Warning: Mentions of slight harm. Not cutting but another way of self harm.)

)

What she thought was a dream had turned into a living nightmare. As mystique grew older she noticed more and more how differently all those 'lower' than her and her family were treated.

 One of the servants looked at them for a single second? They were shot in the head by her mother and father. One ate? They were starved to death in a cell as her mother and father laughed and watched. One was barely a millisecond late to give something? They were kicked into the ground with a broken skull and a no longer beating heart.

There was one slave -- god she hated that word -- that had literally simply breathed. She was standing next to them as a 9-month old toddler when it happened. The experience that had completely broken her.

 She thought her old world was a cruel and disgusting world, and that's true, it was absolutely terrible. So the fact that she thought this world was even worse goes to show just how bad it is.

In her old home children were killed easily, slavery was still common, starvation was a common occurrence but people could still publicly speak about it. Murderers were praised for ridding the world of seemingly innocent people. 

Murderers weren't just the people who walked at night with their hood pulled up and a gun in their pocket ready to be drawn. No, murderers were political leaders, lovers, actors, humans. Humans turned into monsters, because no matter how cruel someone was Mystique refused to believe monsters were created from when they were first born.

At least, that's what she used to believe. But seeing all of this with her own eyes and knowing she was related to the men and women who were quite literally evil, Mystique didn't know anything anymore. What she saw was her father glare menacingly at a slave who had simply breathed before raising his hand and within a second, the light in the slaves eyes had vanished and all that remained was the emotionless blue orbs that she had guessed were formerly filled with happiness and love. The man was now dead, and all she did was watch.

All she did, was watch.

She's even worse than the monsters themselves.

~

"Mother?" Mystique, now a two year old, spoke out loud as she sat on a chair while they all ate. "When will the next slave auction be?"

Her mother and father both frowned, seemingly angered by something and it made a terrible feeling stir in her stomach. Her father, Franx, placed down his spoon and fork and proceeded to stare her straight in the eye, scaring her.

"We've had a few problems because of a man, but don't worry," He grinned a disgusting grin that promised trouble and was full of malice.
"We'll be having a slave auction next week. Why? Do you want one? I can send someone to steal a random girl from those animals and give one to you?"