15 ~ The Start Of The Beginning

Atlantis gasped as her eyes snapped open and she awoke from her slumber. A mask was on her face as it provided her with cleaner air but the tight space it kept her mouth and nose in made her uncomfortable so she removed it and released a content sigh once her face was completely free.

Releasing a groan as the soreness of her muscles grew worse by each movement she made. A glass cup dropping drew her attention to the door and her eyes widened when they landed on a shaking blue haired boy. Finally seeing his sister awaken, Buggy ran towards her side and questioned her only to turn around and decide to go get Crocus.

Panicking when she realised Crocus had definitely searched her and found the pack in her pocket she reached her arms out and called for him making him halt in his steps. "D-Dont call Crocus, please!"

"What?" The look he sent her was one of shock and disbelief as he questioned her sanity only to remember this was Atlantis and she had no sanity. "Why not?!"

"Buggy, he's gonna kill me!"

The boy paled and ran away. "Then leave me out of it!"

"What-" A scoff of shock left her, "I can't believe that little- Some brother you are!"

Crocus entered the room with a maniacal grin as he pounded his fist against his palm lightly and walked towards her with Rayleigh following and Roger snickering at her misfortune of having two of the crews parental figures scolding her at the same time. "Atlantis, did you know Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis?"

She blinked at him in surprise and had absolutely no clue as to what he had just said. Cancer and heart disease were easy and so was diabetes but the rest was gibberish to her. Was he trying to tell her he knew about the cigarettes because it was quite obvious he already knew.

Rayleigh simplified. "In other words, it'll kill you."

"Oh," Atlantis said with a not really surprise but uplifted voice. "Good-"