20 ~ Trafalgar Law

TW: BRUEF mentions of Suicide, Self-hate, Tattoos

"Babe, you know what we should do?" Shanks grinned as they sat on the deck surrounded by the crew, chatting and laughing. He offered her a mug filled with beer to which she politely declined and took a cup of coffee instead. "We should look for Buggy. Have a reunion, or something like that."

It was a good idea. Great, even, however as much as Atlantis hated to admit it Buggy would not want to see the two of them together. For one, he always felt the need to mention that they were both in a relationship and he would definitely end up third-wheeling. In her defense, it was always Shanks who would do something like kiss or hug her infront of others, while she always attempts to stop him. Really, she still had even some pride and would very much like it to stay that way.

"Shanks, just let him come to us."

Surprised by the reply he quriked an eyebrow, "Why? We could probably track him down easily, too."

She looked away with a flush of red on her cheeks. "Buggy kind of... Scares me when hes mad."

"...What?"

"He's scary when he's mad. I dont know why."

"You're kidding," Shanks attempted to hold in a snort while Ayomide openly chuckled at his captain. "what about him could possibly scare you?"

Theres no way shes telling him. "None of your business."

"Awe, come on!" He cooed, "I wont tell anyone."

She deadpanned, "Yes you will."

"Geez, fine." He pouted, "You're so mean to your husband."

"Okay!" Atlantis clapped her hands together and stood up, ignoring the puppy eyes Shanks was giving her even though it was hard. The noise brought her crews attention to herself so she quickly announced that they were leaving after spending so many days with the red hair pirates. Groans sounded as they bid farewell to their fellow pirates before heading back to the boat, some stealing a few more cups of beer as they boarded their ship. The red-haired captain pouted and snagged the back of her pants to stop her from leaving. Atlantis paused and looked down at him, pulling her leg to try and get his grip to loosen as she assumed he was going to try and stop her. Contrary to what she thought, Shanks wasn't trying to stop her, he just wanted a little reassurance.

"Even though you're strong, theres still a number of people out there who can kill you. Don't die, okay?"

It was silent for a moment before she sent him a smirk, "And what if I have to die for you?"

"Dont, I dont ever want that." The grip on her pants disappeared leaving wrinkled black suit-pants. "I want you to live for me, as long as you do that so will I."

'Damn, thats kind of hard...' Internally, she sighed. 'I haven't heard that before, too. It's always just 'I'll die for you' or 'I'd risk my life for you'. Why does he have to make everything so difficult?'

Instead of answering, the gold eyed woman strolled forwards towards her ship with lips pursed in thought and ignored the glum feeling that seemed to fill her husband with each step she took. He didn't like the fact that she hadn't promised and believe her, neither did she, however what Shanks was asking of her seemed almost impossible for her to do. Not being one to look forward to her own future, she didn't even see herself promising this later on.