7 ~ The Second Step

"Do you miss me?"

The hand was cold, freezing even. Actually, everything seemed to be at freezing temperature once the hand settled itself on her face, cradling her cheek. She didn't try removing it though because even though it was making her body go numb, she somehow found solace in the embrace. And so Mystique only let out a cold breath, watching as her breath clouded before disappearing. The soulless eyes thats stared back at her forced a reply from her but her voice did not waver and neither did the stone-cold gaze she returned them, either.

"I do."

"Is it your fault I'm gone?"

Mystique answered with all of her heart.

"It is."

~

"Oi, wake up." The red haired boy shook the new girl by her shoulders in their shared room. He couldn't understand how his brother -- Buggy, could sleep with all her thrashing and heavy breathing. When he was awoken from it, Shanks took awhile to process the fact that she'd probably been having a nightmare. He didn't really know what to do besides wake her up, so that's what he was doing. But honestly the girl was either way too deep into the nightmare or something wouldn't let her wake up, so Shanks decided to go and get Rayleigh. Not Roger, cause that man would kill him for waking him up. Soon Rayleigh entered the three's room following Shanks who only began to change since he didn't feel like sleeping anymore. It was only four in the morning, anyways. Rayleigh seemed to stare for a few seconds, arms crossed and shirt unbuttoned before finally deciding to walk towards the girl, wake her up, and leave the room. Shanks questioned what he was doing but Rayleigh only replied once he was on the deck and crossing towards Rogers room.

"I'm taking her to sleep with Roger."

"Ehh?! Captain? but why?!" Rayleigh shot the boy a glare that reminded him to lower his voice, and Shanks obeyed.