17 ~ An Unexpected Reunion

Four Years Later

She was seventeen years old when she discovered that her former family was apart of a somewhat mafia. No, they were apart of the literal mafia and somehow she got dragged into this mafia business. One day, a member of the cp-0 came up to her out of nowhere, knowing her identity, and offered her a position. 

Obviously, she automatically declined but they still told her to consider which led to Atlantis right now, standing at the railing of her ship as her crew worked to dock at an island. A man came to stand next to her but Atlantis didn't bother turning her head. He sighed and placed a dish next to her, reaching for the cigarette in her mouth and extinguishing it. Atlantis glared at him and reached into her pocket for another when he took the entire pack too.

"Hey!" She yelled at him but he only crossed his arms with a deadpan.

"Hi."

The crew snickered at the interaction between their captain and first-mate occur. Atlantis had a really bad smoking addiction that helped her cope with stress but their first-mate was a chef who had tricks up his sleeve and made specific foods that could also reduce stress, so he was trying to help her get over this addiction before she became a cancer stick herself.

Ayomide was a red haired man with dark skin and amber eyes with dreadlocks and had some hair growing on his chin. He was around twenty-one years old and six feet tall and still growing.

 The two had met one day when Atlantis was beating up a woman who she'd heard had assaulted a local man and Ayomide was there just in time to stop any permanent damage. Somehow that led to the two of them getting a drink, without alcohol, and conversing when he briefly mentioned he was a chef and Atlantis nonchalantly invited him onto her crew. They travelled together for awhile, gathering more members before setting off onto the grand line.

"Give it back," Atlantis grumbled, "I'm serious, okay? I just want a smoke."

He placed a hand on his hip in annoyance. "Apparently, I'm not serious."